We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

Hi everyone,

Please be warned the FlyOlympic.se are a scam site. I recently booked tickets via skyscanner.net and all of a sudden all their flights are cancelled. I googled the company and the owner is unknown, the company is not registered and what's worse, all their phone lines are fake.

Their website is fake and does not work. Please be careful and do not book with them. They also change their domain name so people can't catch them. I am chasing on a refund which I will never get now. Really disappointed. We need more ways to make sure scam companies are not allowed on popular sites such as skyscanner.net

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,156 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

File a dispute with your credit card for "services not delivered." Then do your Google searching BEFORE you click purchase on a website of a company you haven't researched. Ask questions about the company here on TA but before you purchase anything.

The reason they are on skyscanner is that they pay skyscanner to advertise on there.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

http://www.flyolympic.se/ is their website. Always has been. Works fine, although they aren't offering any flights at the moment. It could be that they have stopped flying.

Edited: 9:15 am, July 26, 2014
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

No the site is a scam. I have researched into the company. They have been mis-selling flights for the last few weeks and then coincidentally have cancelled all their flights. They ignore all calls and give a generic response. Thank goodness for Skyscanner who are helping me as they too have noticed how the airline response is dodgy. They give no reasons for cancelation and do not respond to the refund or re-routing which by LAW EC Regulation 261/2004 they have to refund and re-route. All their sub airlines are also bogus. The are using www.asianpacific.se as their new domain because like a scam company does, they scam people then change their domain. They will not get away with this. I feel sorry for all the other people who have had their flights cancelled. Their IP is already hidden which makes it more likely they are a scam company. Not one comment online about the company. When they were forced to answer to Skyscanner, their email was a total lie claiming they are receiving 1000 calls and their system is down. Oddly their system has been down from the first day I booked with them. I don't know why you are backing this company like you know for sure they are legit. They are 100% a scam company. This thread is to warn other passengers not to fall into this scam. Sadly flyolympic are smart enough to remove any customer reviews on the web.

To all fellow people who want to fly with them, please be warned- they are a total SCAM!

Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

Thanks, I will not make this mistake again. I have purchased with Skyscanner many times and have never had an issue and never would have thought a bogus airline will be on their site (obviously not their fault) and as it was the only flight back on the day I wanted, I had no choice to book with them. It was only after I booked, things didn't add up eg. they didn't ask for my passport details, there was no booking reference etc..

I have learnt from this mistake and will in future thoroughly research beforehand.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

" The are using www.asianpacific.se as their new domain because like a scam company does, they scam people then change their domain."

You need to research better,

"Fly Olympic (FlyOlympic.se) (Stockholm-Arlanda) is a new Swedish airline and also an affiliate of AeroPacific AB. The company has leased and painted an Airbus A320-231 LY-SPC (msn 415) from Small Planet Airlines. According to its website, the new airline is operating from Stockholm to Asmara, Baghdad, Erbil, London (Gatwick) Mogadishu, Mykonos, Sulaymaniyah and Thira (Santorini). Flights are also operated from Gothenburg."

So it is not surprising that they also use the AeroPacific domain.

It looks like they are a start up that has run in to trouble. That does not make them a scam. It does mean that they are probably best avoided.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,573 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

This lot came up yesterday ...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7663992…

In addition to DC8's information they also wet lease from another airline Sky Greece. The flight numbers for the canceled LGW-ATH flight and the others are Sky Greece codes. Sky Greece has just one airplane, a 767-300. If that one plane goes mechanical then with no backup all flights get canceled.

So a very risky airline to book with and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Btw, you don't book flights with Skyscanner. It's a search engine that forwards you to online bookers. As with yesterday's victim, did you by any chance book this flight with eDreams?

Edited: 2:24 am, July 27, 2014
Linkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

They just posted about cancelled flights between the 8th and 10th of august in their 'site'. http://www.flyolympic.se/cancelled/

Unfortunately i have booked tickets with them for the 16th to Arlanda Stockholm and I don't except this flight happening as well.

They have operated in the past (during June) through this so called SkyGreece airlines for the Arlanda - Athens flight at least but it seems that since the beginning of July they have started changing schedules and now completely cancelling flights. So it is not fake but the reality is that i have no idea whats going on. Neither flyolympic neither skygreece phone numbers work so i cannot contact them expect through email that of course they don't answer as well.

I will probably book another ticket tomorrow (since they are stating that tomorrow they will have more information regarding refund and rebook options) and then according to what will happen i will either take the law 'road' based on passenger rights of EU (europa.eu/youreurope/…index_en.htm) or try to change the date for Christmas time (according to their rules one date change is completely free) that is of course if its still working after this ordeal.

I hope we all get our money back.

Edited: 9:44 am, July 27, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

Hello sb_world_traveller01 - I have also booked my flights in month of August through this website which I got as a search on SkyScanner (flyolympic.se)

I cant access even the confirmed booking on the website and the flight status is no where to be seen on the Airports website.

What help are you getting from Skyscanner? I am thinking of booking flights from another airline but I am not sure if i will get any refund. Till now, there is no news on the website for cancellation of 22nd Aug flights. In a dilemma if my booked flights will really fly on the day :(

Any advise guys :(

Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,507 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

You won't get any help from Skyscanner. It's got nothing to do with them.

Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FlyOlymic are a SCAM bogus airline

Hi Rahul,

Unfortunately Skyscanner have not got back to me and have not responded a follow up to my email on Saturday. I am in the same dilemma as I am flying out next week monday and I need to fly back on saturday. I can't risk paying £300 more on my flights. I called flyolympic's phoney number which obviously doesn't work and I have had no response to their email.

I would suggest you try emailing Skyscanner as well. They do not have a phone number but usually they respond to emails. Also if the company is proven to be fraudulent then Skyscanner should refund the money. See here:

Skyscanner (Read clause 5.8): http://www.skyscanner.net/termsofservice.aspx

Also if you don't get any luck with them, try claiming through the EU site here:

europa.eu/youreurope/…index_en.htm

Under the EU Law, its stated as follows:

Refund or alternative transport

If you are denied boarding or your flight is cancelled or overbooked, you are entitled to either:

transport to your final destination using comparable alternative means, or

having your ticket refunded and, where relevant, being returned free of charge to your initial departure point.

I hope this helps. Also I hope FlyOlympic are forced to pay up and are not a scam company. I will be out of hundred if thats the case.

Fingers crossed!