We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Premium Economy

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
BA Premium Economy

Has anyone flown BA WT+ from Dfw to Rome? It looks like it's a 747. Worth the extra $$$?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Premium Economy

Yes

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Premium Economy

Not from DFW to Rome, but from and to North America a great many times. 'Worth the extra $$$?' It is to me, but others' views will definitely vary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Premium Economy

BA does not fly a 747 from DFW to Rome

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Premium Economy

As a FYI World Traveller Plus is only available on long haul aircraft. So it won't be available on the Heathrow-Rome leg, just DFW-LHR which is the important leg.

I presume if you booked WT+ that you'd be in economy for LHR-FCO, though others may wish to correct me.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Premium Economy

You are correct. It would be WT+ dfw to lhr only on 747.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,387 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Premium Economy

DFW-LHR is indeed the most important leg. It's funny how that works that way, because isn't CE available on the LHR-FCO sector? I know it doesn't work that way, but you'd think they would adjust the fare matrix to include CE into the shorter sector.

But anyways, I like the BA WT+ product, it's decent and often cheaper than many comparable products

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Premium Economy

CE is available on the second leg, but will only appear as "standard" if you have booked the whole journey in J or F.

However, you are able to upgrade that sector independently if you wish.

Some of BAs LHR-FCO flights are 767s, which have a "proper" CE cabin, as opposed to the curtain on the 320s

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Premium Economy

I have done the DFW to LHR WT+ and getting ready to do it again next month. To me it is definitely worth it-for the comfort level and the time you save getting off the plane.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Premium Economy

Worth is subjective. How much money are you willing to pay? The important thing is understanding WT+ benefits. Seat-wise, it's a step up from economy (wider seat, more legroom, foot rest) but it's not anywhere near a lie-flat seat of modern business class. The cabin is quieter as there are less travelers in the section. You get a business class main course for dining, as well as relatively decent wine served in a glass. On a 747, there should be a dedicated restroom to the WT+ cabin.

10. Re: BA Premium Economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 26, 2015