We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flyscoot - Very Impressed

NSW
Level Contributor
7 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Flyscoot - Very Impressed

Not really a question, this is more of a comment on Scoot Airlines. I flew them in the past weeks - Sydney to SIngapore and then BKK to Sydney.

I read all the bad and I am sure genuine tales of woe on TripAdvisor about the things they have done wrong and some scathing reviews.

I am really pleased to say I was nothing but impressed. For a low-cost, budget carrier, I thought they were a winner all the way.

Here's why:

* The cost of the tickets to and from Asia were cheap

* A return ScootBiz tkt was still cheaper than an economy fare on other full-service carriers

* Seats were comfy and allowed me to stretch out

* The aircraft were spotlessly clean

* The flights took off on time

* They landed on time

* Crew were friendly

* Bags were on the carousel within 20 minutes both ends

What I could whine about if I needed to:

* Standard of onboard meals were poor

* The range of entertainment was limited and the same both ways

* Leaving Singapore on a 1.45am flight made it a very, very long final day

But this is a low cost carrier and compared to others, I thought Scoot were winners. Very impressed and I will fly with them again before throwing money at other carriers for a tight economy seat.

Thanks Scoot. Nice work.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flyscoot - Very Impressed

Great to read a positive story, as we all know that 99% of passengers are happy, and rarely write to give a positive message.

BTW, I am impressed by Scoot for cheap family travel options

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flyscoot - Very Impressed

I am unfamiliar with Scoot Airlines, but it does sound like you had a great experience with them. Thank you for sharing, as we DO so often only see horror stories, of when things go wrong - or someone did not read the T&C's to know that luggage was extra, etc.

Travel safely,

Hunt

3. Re: Flyscoot - Very Impressed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 25, 2015