We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

Recently flew MPL-LGW on EasyJet for the first time and as much as I can try, I cannot find one good thing to say about this carrier. First I booked WAY in advance and got a ridiculously high fare that kept on dropping as the travel date approached. I tried to contact them for a fare adjustment (voucher, luggage credit or anything) but of course could not reach anyone one and I had to call the UK (from the US) since they have no representation here. Seats cost extra, bags cost extra, drinks cost extra (even water), planes are old, smelly, and dirty (gum stuck everywhere and coffee stains all over), and their staff is rude and not helpful on the air and on the ground (at the baggage check-in in LGW the agent barely spoke English and was ignorant of gate information or boarding time). I am surprised I did not get charged for breathing oxygen (but maybe that is next on their agenda). The baggage policy is beyond a rip-off and if you do not pay online, they charge you double at the counter and even more at the gate. Weight and size restrictions are unheard of. In summary, I can only think of two words to describe this carrier: NEVER AGAIN.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

It is a low costs airline not a low coat airline just like every other LCC

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

Hi,

I suggest Ryanair next time...

Cheers

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

It is not a low cost airline.It is an airline that charges for frills.They must be doing something right because their profits are sound and increasing and customers seem to like them.So do I.I think you are a troll.Their planes are not old-one of the youngest fleets in Europe.And if the aircraft smell, the odour must emanate from you or other pax.You see the price of the ticket-you buy it if it meets your needs.Don't complain if the price reduces subsequently.If the price increased would you send them a credit for the balance from what you paid?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

Too much wrong with this.... Calling troll.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

Ridiculous.

6. Re: Is EasyJet a low cost airline or a deplorable rip-off?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:53 pm, December 04, 2017