We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

Hi

We are travelling BHX to JFK via SNN.

It's Aer Lingus ( operated by Aer Arran) from BHX to SNN, and then Aer Lingus itself from SNN to JFK.

It was booked via expedia as a through ticket.

We phoned Aer Lingus today to give our advanced passenger information,as we couldn't do it online as we hadn't booked with Aer Lingus directlt.

Anyhow, the person we spoke to at Aer Lingus said that we wouldn't be able to check-in on line for our flights, because they don't offer online check in on flights departing from Birmingham.

That can't be correct surely? I thought most european airlines offered online check in?

Has anyone flown Aer Lingus from Birmingham recently and had the same problem? Their website says they do offer onlne check in from Brum? Or is this because we will be flying Aer Arran on the first leg?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

Not had this problem before as always booked direct with Aer Lingus even when it includes Aer Arran operated leg but seeing as Aer Arran is now the trading name for Stobart Air just wondering if their systems are able to talk to each other now?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

I flew them from Birmingham in April and was able to check in online at the 24 hour mark just fine. The Aer Lingus website does say if you book through a third party you won't be able to check in online, however Expedia give you the Aer Lingus PNR and it worked just fine for me!

Co Meath
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

I am experiencing the same problem trying to check-in for a flight to Glasgow. I always check in online. Has this issue arisen because it is now Stobart Air? I booked directly through Aer Lingus just as i always do. Does anyone know if there is a way round the problem? My flight is in 21 hours.

4. Re: Aer Lingus - Can't check in online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 19, 2015