Its been a while since I have been away, so have accumulated a few questions.
1. I bought an adapter plug so my UK power adapters fit into a USA style plug socket. However, are there going to be any issues since they use a different voltage out there? I am worried I might blow my tablet, S5 etc.
2. If going to the USA, what should I do about my phone SIM? My understanding is that calls out there using a UK SIM cost a fortune or am I wrong? What if someone sends me a text from the UK or I send one back? Is that expensive?
3. My phone and tablet have "airplane mode". Do the airlines allow you to run it in that mode? Do they allow you to run them with that mode switched off?
4. Should I tell my bank I am going to the USA so they don't block my credit card purchases out there, or is that unnecessary?
5. Where is the best place to exchange £ for $?