We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas - good or bad?

London, England
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas - good or bad?

I'm flying with Qantas to Melbourne next month, and i was wondering if anyone had any feedback, good or bad regarding their economy service? What's the legroom like? Good seats to request, etc.

Thanks!

Stockport, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas - good or bad?

no doubt people will have either really good or really bad stories to post, but i consider qantas to be a par airline longhaul. They will get you there, with around 32 inches seatpitch (about average) and supply free meals and bar service. If your on the 747 (which is most likely) then the majority of flights have seatback tvs, if your on 767 you will deffinatly have a seatback tv. The staff in my experiance are polite. I hope you have a good journey.

Doug

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas - good or bad?

If you think BA is ok... and don't mind airlines like Lufthansa, KLM or SAS then you'll find Qantas ok....

If you expect service like the Singapore Airlines standard... then you'll be disappointed.

You may need to trip the drinks trolley driver to catch it....

New York City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas - good or bad?

In short, and in general agreement with the previous posts, Qantas might be rated as being similar to an intercity bus service. No serious issues, but nothing much to reccommend the experience, either.

They'll get you there whilst offering you a bland and unremarkable experience. They are about exciting and interesting as a kiss from your sister. (well, *my* sister, anyway).

4. Re: Qantas - good or bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 16, 2009