We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Hi all,

First Question, long time reader.

I was wondering when the early bird sale start for travel from Australia to Europe for 2015 (July/Sept travel).

We were over there last year & booked through a TA but would like to explore our options. We flew Emirates & paid about $2050 each for Melb-Rome-London-Melb in Sept, we booked these about 4 months prior & TA was about $200 cheaper than online.

Don't really care which airline but would like to stick with a major one, if you booked say 9 months prior is it generally cheaper?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Usually come out about September. We booked flights from Melbourne to Europe with Qatar in late September 2013 for travel April 2014, and got flights for less than $1400pp.

I'm not sure if dates stretched to September the following year, but they went pretty close, so monitor sales from then on.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

3. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:01 pm, July 18, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Greetings

I am looking for early bird to Europe in August with Qatar ,so I called them today and asked when they come out.

The guy told me they are being finalised now and will probably be announced sometime over the next week or two ,so keep a lookout ( he said they are not told in advance the exact date)

I am hoping to get a great price Melbourne to Barcelona return for my dates its currently $2140.

will post back here when I get a deal.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
969 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

I always use skyscanner, set up a alert for the day you want and they will email you, just a word of caution though. Go straight through to the airline site, don't use a 3rd party.

Cheers Carole

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Hi Carole

That's good advice I have done that before but had not set up this time so thanks for a reminder.

Cheers

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
969 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

You are welcome. And while I am free will pass on the best tip I just tried out, carry a small plastic spray bottle.if you have a wrinkled garment from being packed, give it a light spray smooth out by hand ,hang overnight, good to go in the morning, love it.

Cheers Carole

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Hi everyone

The early bird specials are out now for August to Europe at least with Qatar and Singapore

I just booked this morning for Melbourne to Madrid and returning from Barcelona in august 2015 (shoulder season) for $1630. was $2140.

I am so pleased only 1 stop ,around an hour and half each way in Doha and travelling a 5 star airline with nearly 2 inches more seat width than Malaysian, Emirates and Etihad .

Can't wait till next year will have something to look forward to after my trip to Bali in two weeks.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

The Earlybird Sale for QR I think ends on the 22nd September - so take a look soon if interested.

melbourne
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2015 Early bir sales to Europe.

Who did you book through?

Cheers