We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

Hi - I was given a United travel discount coupon (10% discount) a couple of years ago when my flight was delayed. I am trying to use it now for a flight I am booking - when I get to the point in the online booking for the vouchers it is asking for a year issued and the name of the person the voucher was issued to - my coupon contains neither of these bits of information.

How do I go about using my coupon and do they expire? I looked and the T&C on the back of the coupon and do not see any reference to expiry dates.

I have emailed United but thought I might get a faster answer here.

Thank you

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
13,878 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

Is it an"Electronic Travel Certificate"?`

You may need to call. Your voucher may well have expired. They are generally good only for a year.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,134 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

As stated, I believe the voucher itself is good for a year, and you can book up to a year (maybe 330 days) in advance. The voucher should have the year code (ie. 12xxx or 13xxx) - listed on it somewhere. Here's a long FT thread on these:

flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileagep…

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

This is actually a paper coupon that I was given at the time of the flight delay. The title on it is Travel Discount Coupon.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,134 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

You might have to call - have you tried the paper certificate redemption link at this site?

https:/…offerCode.aspx

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
102 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

Usually they have a time limit (12-18 months from issue). If not, United's vouchers and certificates can be redeemed on their website - sometimes. They make it extremely difficult. You might have to call their 800 number or go to a local airport and see a United agent in person.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
31,696 posts
718 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

Over the years, we have had both printed paper certificates, as well as eCertificates. For the former, we have had to purchase the ticket at either the airport, or a UA satellite office (fewer, and fewer of those around now). With the eCertificates, we have been able to apply those to tickets purchased on the UA Web site. Not sure if anything has changed lately, but the paper certificates always seemed to present a bit of a problem for us, except that we are at various airports so often, we could almost always find the time, and an agent, to put those to use, though usually not at a time 100% convenient to us.

Good luck, and do call, as policies and operations DO change.

Hunt

7. Re: Unitied Airlines Travel Discount Coupon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, July 14, 2015