We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

Dear all travel experts,

I have not been travel with all the following airlines and wish to have all your advice & comment so that I could choose a right one for my family.

Considering between KLM, Qatar, Emirates and Etihad, flight from Kuala Lumpur to Rome while return will be from Zurich to Kuala Lumpur.

Both Qatar and KLM offer almost the same rate, Etihad offering 15% more and Emirates is selling at 25% extra compare with Qatar & KLM.

Any advice and tips from experience travellers ?

BIG thanks !

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

what about Lufthansa ? Sorry miss it out. They offer almost same rate as Qatar & KLM.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,303 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

It really depends on the best timing for you and whether you prefer to have a long flight to Europe or to stop and change planes in a Gulf state. Alot would also depend on how long that connection would be.

In economy there is not really a huge differance in the airlines

Norddeutschland
Level Contributor
288 posts
789 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

with the flight back from Zurich maybe Swiss is an alternative. I´d not go for the gulf airlines the EU 261 offers much better protection and if something happens the connections within Europe are much better than the ones from the Gulf.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

Thanks for replies, look like KLM could the choice for us. Hopefully they will have seat selection while booking.

6. Re: KLM, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2015