We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Has anyone contacted BA regarding the cancellation of this flight ? I was very unhappy with the way BA managed the situation. I am also waiting for a decision from BA regarding EU flight cancellation compensation.Thoughts and comments regarding this cancellation welcomed.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

What was the reason for the cancellation?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,836 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

"I was very unhappy with the way BA managed the situation." - Why were you unhappy, flight cancellations cause all sorts of issues for any airline such as having aircraft/crew in the wrong place as well as having to re-accommodate passengers and by their nature they are not easily managed.

I assume the cancellation from JFK was due to adverse weather in that region of the USA.

Edited: 11:09 am, July 05, 2014
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

>>> Has anyone contacted BA regarding the cancellation of this flight ? <<<

Have you, if so what have they said ?

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Technical problem. We had boarded aircraft after 2 hrs were advised of a problem and requested to leave

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Thanks for replying, I was hoping to hear from others who had been on that flight. Your assumption was incorrect. The flight was cancelled because of a technical problem.

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Were you on that flight ?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,641 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

OP, the law of probability say that it is highly unlikely that anyone on your flight will be on this forum.

AFAIK BA is an airline that does pay up for EU261 when they have to unlike many of the charter and LCC airlines.

Were you delayed overnight? Did BA give you food, bed etc? What are you so unhappy about?

Technical problems are always difficult to deal with both for passengers and the airline. Surprisingly enough the airline is not doing this to p*** you off. They want to keep on schedule. But when problems happen they don't just have the staff and resources ready just in case something happens. It often take a little time to organise things especially for a large no. of passengers.

If you want more help we need more information, otherwise no one can help any more.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,836 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Did BA provide duty of care (food, drinks, hotel?) during delay and have they responded to any claim under EU261.

I'm still not clear what aspect of the way BA handled this that makes you unhappy - obviously they will not fly if the technical issue makes it unsafe.

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

Thanks for replying, I was hoping to hear from others who had been on that flight. Please do not reply

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,836 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA178 JFk to LHR flight cancellation 21/06/14

"Please do not reply" - This is a public forum and anybody can reply to any post as they see fit with the TA rules. You seem reluctant to detail what made you unhappy.