We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Hi there

I'm looking to book a holiday to Cancun for September 2015, flying with Thomas Cook.

I have heard they don't have inflight entertainment. Can anyone confirm if they do?

If they do, is it on demand (you select your own films) or is it on a loop?

Thanks

Holly

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,558 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Holly,

All Thomas Cook A330 aircraft have seat back IFE and by Summer 2015 when all the aircraft are refurbished they will have audio visual on-demand (AVOD) as their in-flight entertainment .

Angie,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
533 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Also all the A330 fleet of aircraft will have been refurbished by then. New seats and as Angelina states new RAVE IFE system.

Edited: 1:43 am, July 05, 2014
teesside
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

hi there

I booked Manchester to Cancun premium seats for next month May 2015 on the new Thomas cook plane A330, but now due to operational changes the flight has a new aircraft A330 MLT and will only be economy services.

I've paid £807 extra for premium services but now Thomas cook have verbally told me its an economy flight and no premium extras will be included on my flights. They said I have to take it up with the agent I booked the package holiday with, but my agent has no knowledge on any changes..

What do I do, how do I get my £807 pounds back?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Ask your agent to contact Thomas Cook on your behalf as your contract is with your agent, not Thomas Cook.

teesside
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Ok thanks for your advice, I asked my agent to contact Thomas cook, they say they were not aware of any changes yet they sent me the email to tell of the flight changes.

They are saying its still premium services but not seats, I have to wait until Thomas cook tell my agent what the new changes will be. I wish they would of sorted this out before sending the email out.

I have had confirmed though that both flights are economy, so wondering what refund I should expect.

I don't think £807 is worth it for (flight extras, i.e. a couple of free drinks, meals etc.) I was paying for the leg room. I hope to have an answer in a couple of days.

teesside
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

this flight is not the new A330 plane which was promised when booking etc, its the new A330-MLT military Air Tanker Aircraft, that Thomas cook have just taken on. Seat pitch is supposed to be 33-35", width 17-18" all economy 323 layout according to the email link I have been sent.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,400 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

It is a new A330. The one you were promised was far from new lol. It's just been configured all economy, but the seat pitch as you can see, is only an inch less than the premium on the ex MYT A330s. Aircraft, and even airline, are always subject to change.

See the latest post from Steve on the other thread you posted on about it.

teesside
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

Thank you

9. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 27, 2016