We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

Hi

I recently booked a Ryanair Flight and completed all the advance passenger info but not checked in.

I left my passport out as I needed it as proof of ID and in a 20 minute window my dog chewed passport.

Ive phoned Ryanair twice to see if they can change the info over the phone when I get replacement - which will be in time for departure... emergency appointment booked on Monday.

Both times i was told this would be ok,,, but I was given no real confidence that this was correct as they both ket refering to me being able to do this online using Manage My Booking.

Ive already had one sleepless night and I am beside myself with worry that I wont be permitted to travel and re booking at this late stage is outrageously expensive.

I'd really appreciate advice. The second person said there would be no charge to change the details which made me even more suspicious.

Many thanks

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

Why so suspicious? Ryanair are very good in terms of customer support on the phone, and if two staff members have told you it is possible then I would no reason to disbelieve them.

Stuff happens with passports all the time. As soon as you get your new one go to Manage My Booking and update the information.

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

I was suspicious because Ryanair charge for a lot of things and everything I have read about changes involve charging.

Neither individual was prepared to look into my booking. I have tried Managing booking and I know for myself that it is not possible to do this so I was concerned that this was what I was advised to do.

Fortunately my husband called for me now I am at work and that person did specifically asked for our booking reference and then she went in and deleted all my API stuff and said I could re enter when I have new passport... this is the information I should have been given in either of the first 2 calls.

I am happy with the customer service I received with the third call and generally I have few issues with Ryanair.

What I was not happy with was the number of times they cut me off trying to get through....

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,093 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

You called to find out if you could change WHEN you got the replacement. I see no need for personnel to check your booking, there was no new or different information to be added. I would venture to guess when your husband called they agreed to remove the old passport number because he must have told them that his wife is a nervous wreck--and most likely making him crazy!

But, you are looking for problems when you have been told there aren't any. It is in Ryanair's interest that they have your correct passport inasmuch as they need to submit it in advance to the appropriate authorities.

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

Maybe I just want to be sure now rather than when my passport arrives the day before travel.

The first caller initially misunderstood my request and said I could reprint my documents.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

I really don't understand peoples paranoia about Ryanair. Their customer service is far better than lot's of airlines.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

The problem with Ryanair is that too many people listen to tittle - tattle , rumours and misinformation.

I find that most people with strong critisisms about the company have never used them .

Graham

UK
Level Contributor
862 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

In fairness to the OP this was not satisfactorily resolved until the third call when API was cleared thus allowing reentry of the details when the new passport is obtained.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

It was resolved the first time she called. The OP asked them "if they can change the info over the phone when I get replacement" and was told yes - twice. She didn't ask them if they could clear it so she could do it online.

Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

An unnecessary complaint or worry.

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Changing Advance Passenger Info Ryanair

It took me more than 20 times to get through to customer services ... each time I was cut off and told to try again later... do I want this aggravation the day of departure so I can enter my API and get boarding passes... the answer is no.....

Also I was told twice I could change my advance passenger information online anyway - which is most definitely incorrect... this did not fill me with any confidence...

The third time we got through customer services agreed that it was not possible to change the info on line after it had been entered.

So if anyone is in the same boat as me... which is why this forum exists - to help other travellers... I would suggest that you provide your booking reference and ask if you can have your detail cleared so that you can be back in charge of your own booking.