We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cable ties on bags that I never put on.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cable ties on bags that I never put on.

Hi,

I have travelled twice with Cathay Pacific, Sydney to Rome to Catania in the last 2 years and every time I get my bags back I have a white cable tie on the zip with 'HK' on it. This time around when I picked my bag from lost and found at Catania, I also had a dogana tag on it. My bag was supposed to be checked through to the Catania,and it was always going to go through the secure dogana area where it would be scanned, but the bag went missing in Rome so I was not with the bag when it was scanned.

My question is did customs open my bag at both airports? Everything in the bag was a mess this time round, but I'm not sure if this was because of the way it was handled. Some loose tea boxes opened, though package within undamaged.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cable ties on bags that I never put on.

All right thanks for clarifying it. Would you think it was solely the packets of loose tea that caused all these extra inspections? None of the chocolate packs.... and I had many kilos of it, were opened.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,153 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cable ties on bags that I never put on.

You never know. I have had my bag open without carrying anything I would think is suspicious.

13. Re: cable ties on bags that I never put on.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 05, 2015