We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

Donegal Ireland
Level Contributor
286 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

Hi all looking for your reviews on flight from London Heathrow to nyc JFK, would like hear your reviews about your experience, what the flight like? Best time to travel, id love to go nyc in feb but the thought of bad weather (storms) is putting me off till early spring time, just wondering if any fellow forum posters flew in early feb what was the flight like? Thanking you in advance xxx

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

At least in my experience it's pretty much a non-event. It's one of the busiest air corridors in the world, fares are competitive, service is competitive, comfort is competitive. Westbound flights take an hour longer than eastbound due to prevailing winds.

In February of course weather can be an issue on both sides of the Atlantic, but I wouldn't be overly fearful that things will be disrupted for days on end; both Heathrow and JFK are adequately equipped to handle most weather conditions. In fact, sometimes winter conditions can be smoother than in the summer, when warm and cold fronts collide leading to turbulence.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

Hi,

I've flew to New York from heathrow 3 times, once with BA, delta and American Airlines all economy, BA was more comfy but I'd say delta had the better IFE, :-) we have visited in May June and November , May and June was lovely weather perfect for the boat ride around the island and to go see the Statue of Liberty as well as other outdoors stuff, November was -5 and freezing but perfect for all the shopping I was doing :-)

My friend went in feb and they had just had heavy snow and it was very cold, she said it was good but wished she had waited till spring to enjoy the outdoors activity, if I were you and it's a first visit I'd wait till spring New York is amazing :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

According to wikipedia 2.5 million people per year fly that route and it is the busiest air route from Europe to a non-European location. Not sure what else you really would need to know. It's not exactly terra incognita.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

Why go from LHR? why not go from DUB or SNN and take advantage of pre-clearance? Aer Lingus is one of the best carriers across the pond IMHO

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

Are lingus,,,really? I think they are ok but would not classify them as one of the best. Not even close.

Agree with the sentiment of pre clearance though.

6. Re: LHR to JFK flight reviews anyone???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 01, 2015