We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Canberra
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Hi everyone

I posted my question in the Orlando forum but I've been advised I might be better off posting it here! I've tried searching for the answer, however without any luck.

I'm curious to hear from people who have booked one way flights from Orlando (MCO) to Los Angeles (LAX) in February. How much did you pay for your non-stop flight?

Also, does anyone know if VirginAmerica has any annual sales that it's a good idea to hang out for?

Thanks in advance!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,145 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Hi Hawaii15 ~

It will be in no way helpful to know what other paid for airfare. The fares change with supply and demand, can change daily. It also depends on the class of ticket you are going to buy. And when you buy your tix, generally speaking farther out purchases may be cheaper than buying the day before. Non -refundable fares will be cheaper than refundable. Many factors, so no point in trying to pin down what others paid. Rule of thumb is, when you see a fare that you like, buy it and don't look back.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,670 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Why not wait for Southwest specials?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

What date in february ?

don't forget Jetblue as well.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Jet Blue does not fly MCO-LAX non-stop.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

I'm a fan of SouthWest but I wouldn't want to fly them cross country. Virgin America is by far the best option on that route. Good IFE and decent food for purchase, plus nice ambiance. They have sales fairly often--sign up for their frequent flyer club and they'll email you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
41,548 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

I would recommend that you look at the airfares for your dates/times of travel. Buy what works for you. Then, do not look back.

Good luck,

Hunt

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

Why not wait for Southwest specials?

--------

WN's low prices are just an illusion based on when their flights become available relative to other carriers who may have already sold cheaper fares.

8. Re: Orlando to Los Angeles - one way - what have you paid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 29, 2015