We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

1 post
Save Topic
Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

My wife is just about now flying from Munich to San Francisco with two kids (3 year old, and 8 months infant). Tickets were purchased online and bassinet seats were booked. On check in in Lufthansa system reserved seats were somehow middle raw without bassinet! We did not change seating, and Lufthansa representative at check in could not put them back to originally booked seats! There was no notice about this sent to email, there was no Aircraft type change... Lufthansa can send bunch of promotional emails to my email but they can not send info that they are changing Bassinet booked seats. It is 12 hours flight and my wife needs to hold 8 months baby in her lap all the time. On the top of it it is just one of the flights, total travel time is 17+ hours. If we knew this on time, we would re-book the flight to another day, or even cancel the tickets and go to another airline company. We are not talking about window versus aisle preferences, it is much bigger than that. I never had any issue with Lufthansa, but this is outrages. Does anybody has advice who should I complain about this. This is a matter of principals and can just imagine how my wife is frustrated about this.

uk
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Very annoying and I feel for your wife, hopefully the cabin crew will be proactive and sort something out on board.

I think your mistake was not doing on line check in and waiting until you got to the airport - reading between the line that is what you did.

I'd write a succinct letter of complaint but don't expect big compo.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Unfortunately seats are never guaranteed.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

I agree that it's very poor on LH's part (as it would have been with any airline) but as Hans says, seats are never guaranteed and you need to check your seat assignments regularly just like you would check your flight schedule.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Those bassinette seats are not guaranteed. You can be bumped to make room for other needs. (Medical needs trump all).

Next time bite the bullet and by the kid a seat. Much safer then the lap/bassinette

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Bassinett means the child is younger than two. And children younger than two can't sit on an own seat!

Except those babies travelling with a baby seat which needs a special IAA marking!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Yes they need a child restraint to sit on their own seat. Whats so difficult about that? Lufthansa has a list of suitable ones on their website.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

Understand their was no aircraft change. However, was there a schedule change at any point. Schedule changes are worked by computer and it is quite common to have seats reassigned. Best way to prevent this is to check your seating assignment as soon as you become aware of a schedule change, no matter how minor the change is.

8. Re: Lufthansa changed bassinet seat reservation without notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 15, 2015