We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

Hi,

I understand that all passengers are now required to Check In online.

We're flying to Florida in September and know that we have to Check In online 14 days before our flight (Premium passengers) whereby we will print out our confirmation (not boarding cards as flying to US) and take to bag drop.

We are staying at the Radisson overnight and previously, we have checked in but didn't receive boarding cards until the morning of the flight, (with me so far?). I presume this time, we take our confirmation with us to bag drop the day before but will still have to pick up our boarding cards the next morning as done in the past am I right?

Now the other question is, I understand that we Check in both outbound and inbound at the same time, what happens on our return? do we just take confirmation to the desk and receive

our boarding cards which is in effect, our return ticket?

It sounds so rediculously obvious when written down but just wanted confirmation.

Many thanks

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,153 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

Hi Nickymouse,

Yes correct you take your Confirmation of Check-in document which means you are checked in for both Outbound & Inbound flights with your seat numbers and baggage confirmed...... you'll then need to go to the Thomson bag drop desk when you get to the airport to swap the Confirmation of Check-in document for boarding passes of both your Outbound & Inbound flights.........I have read that passengers have been given their boarding passes the day before at the bag drop.

Angie.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

Oh, thanks for this Angie, just what I needed to know.

As the US are very funny with regards security, I would be surprised if they let us have boarding cards the day before and for both flights when previously we've had to jump through hoops to get them on the day but if true, all good.

Thanks again, I knew you would be the first to answer Lol, you should be on commission!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,153 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

Yes I was surprised to read that they had received their boarding cards the day before too as there are strict rules in place for both the US & Mexico flights.

Angie.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

I was very surprised to be given our outbound boarding cards when I did Day before bag drop for our holiday in Mexico recently; the check in agent explained that the computer system couldn't handle it any other way -once he issued the luggage receipts it printed off the boarding cards.

You still have to collect inbound boarding cards as normal on return check in.

5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Online Check In

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 20, 2015