We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Greenock, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

hi there I'm flying to Florida on Saturday 21st June and have booked economy on Dreamliner as, with a young family (5 yr old and 18mth), I couldn't afford the upgrade. Could anyone advise what economy is like as I have been reading mixed reviews and starting to worry about it now. Also does the Dreamliner have wifi on the flight?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,094 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi Laura,

You will read many reviews on the Thomson Dreamliner some views are going to be against and others that have had a great experience onboard, it all boils down to the expectations on the individual passenger. The legroom on the Dreamliner offers more than any other schedule airlines in the economy cabin. What exactly is your worries you have concerning flying on the Dreamliner.

Wifi is not enabled on the Thomson Dreamliner.

Angie.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I flew on one of Thomson's Dreamliners last summer when they were testing them out on shorthaul routes and I thought it was great. More legroom than most scheduled carriers give you in economy - in other words WAY more legroom than any of Thomson's other aircraft give you. I'm tall, and I was perfectly comfortable and had a decent gap between my knees and the seat in front. The seats are no wider than others though, so you may be cramped for elbow room if you have anyone sizeable next to you. The general cabin environment is much nicer too - lighter and airier and of course very clean and new looking. I was genuinely taken aback that a charter flight could be that comfortable.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Could anyone advise what economy is like as I have been reading mixed reviews and starting to worry about it

========================

There are mixed reviews on just about every airline and aircraft out there. The Thomson Dreamliner is the best economy product I have flown. Stop worrying unnecessarily and look forward to your holiday.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
529 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

The Thomson Dreamliner is better in economy than many full service airlines. Lots of legroom, good video screen and choice of entertainment - and considerably better environmentals i.e. air quality. And then there's the disco light-show...................

Don't worry and enjoy your trip!

Greenock, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

thanks everyone for replying i know im probably worrying needlessly lol just heard mixed reviews on quality of seats and crew staff but as MrMarcoos said there will be mixed reviews for every airline out there

thanks again

Kent
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

the kids will love the games on the tv, even the 18 month old, you can plug your ipad in while your using it, lots of cartoons etc, it'll be fine don't worry

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

We are booked to fly to Sanford from Birmingham on the Dreamliner (02/11/14),

Does any one know of which departure gate is the usual one for this flight ?

Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,928 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

It varies, depending on which gate the airport allocate.

Basildon, England...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

I have just printed my boarding pass for the dreamliner, I selected our seats weeks ago but now I see they are H and J I assume there is no I row then? I have tried to look at the seat plan online but cannot see a row H either?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,094 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Roseline,

Premium seats are G/J and Economy are G/H/J.

Seat plan in this link

http://tinyurl.com/mfk5sae

Angie.

Edited: 9:34 am, August 08, 2014