We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

Belfast
Level Contributor
327 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

Morning all,

Flying out to MCO 2 weeks from today and was just wondering could someone tell me when BA decide to change the class of plane they use for the route. I ask because as far as I can tell we are booked to go on the 3 class but having checked todays flight it seems to be the 4 class that is used. I have heard that it depends on how many people have booked to go with them on that particular day so is it literally the day before when they make their decision? We are travelling with our 18 month old daughter so have been able to pre book our seats for our whole party (2 adults & 2 kids) and I am just worrying now that if they change the plane class, they will give my wife and daughter the bassinet seats and myself and my son will be sitting somewhere on the plane a few rows away from them.

Thanks in advance.

Ger4

PS Calls to BA have been less than helpful. When I was thinking about booking with them any phone calls/emails were answered within a day or 2 but now that we've booked it has been a nightmare trying to get through to them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

"was just wondering could someone tell me when BA decide to change the class of plane they use for the route."

That can happen at pretty much any time IME.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

Impossible to say if it will happen and when they'd do it, but it's likely to be fairly close to departure, and due to a mechanical issue or an aircraft out of position.

http://www.thebasource.com/routetracker.html is a good site for seeing which aircraft configs have operated the route. In May, for instance, they used a 4-class aircraft 6 times, so less than a 20% chance.

The 4-class aircraft have a significantly smaller economy cabin, so this would cause problems. Of course, there's always the chance of an upgrade to the larger premium economy and business cabins. Or being bumped to the later flight (they always substitute the earlier flight).

All you can do is to keep checking, check-in online as early as possible and, if you are separated, try to move once you're on board. I can't imagine why anyone would want the bassinet seats if they weren't with an infant. The legroom is rubbish and you'd be sitting next to a screaming smelly baby ;-)

Of course, if there are fewer bassinets, it's only right that you give up your (you & elder child) seats for someone else with an infant.

Edited: 1:17 pm, June 16, 2014
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

I am just worrying now that if they change the plane class, they will give my wife and daughter the bassinet seats and myself and my son will be sitting somewhere on the plane a few rows away from them.

-------------------------------

Why worry? Sounds like a great opportunity for some father and son bonding time! And you could always change places with the missus if you wish to. It is nine hours out of what, a two week holiday?

As has been said this can happen at any time but may well not.

4. Re: British Airways LGW to MCO - Plane Class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 18, 2015