We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage question?

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage question?

Flying next week with Jet2 and wanted to know if it's ok to have 2 suitcases and a hold all checked in as long as we don't go over the 22kg's weight limit? It's for my mum who's panicking as one of her suitcases isn't big enough and she wanted the other bag to put shoes in lol.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage question?

With Jet2 you prebook bags, not weight. So if you've booked one bag (22kg) you can only check one bag. In order to check two you would need to book and pay for two bags which would give you 44kg.

2. Re: Luggage question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:14 pm, June 14, 2014
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage question?

Hi Leyland :) We're on a package holiday so we haven't paid to check in bags as they are included in the price. We all have 22kg's each but my mum wanted to know if she could take three bags to check in as long as they are all within the 44kg's for her and my dad?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage question?

Oh my, It's quite clear on their website, it's one bag, up to 22kg per person and she can book extra bags as she requires, as leyland clearly stated.

So to be really clear, no, she has two bags, one per person, if she wants a third she has to pay extra,

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage question?

Hever, it's the same with a package. You have to prebook extra bags. It should say on your confirmation how many check in bags you have.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage question?

Thanks Leyland, I'll let my mum know.

Froggy, I have seen people travel with several bags and all checked in but because they didn't go over the weight limit then it was ok.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage question?

I'm not sure why my earlier post was deleted, however to clarify again, you can take multiple bags, or your mum can, but she needs to pay for them.

You can't assume because you saw people take multiple bags it was for free, if your mum wants three bags, she needs to book and pay for a third. The weight limit is per bag.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage question?

Hever, some airlines just have a weight limit. Thomsons let you check upto 5 bags. With Thomas Cook you can also check several bags. Other airlines allow one piece per passenger and if you want two, you've got to book and pay for it.

I'm flying Jet2 in September and am contemplating booking an extra bag.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage question?

Leyland, it's Jet2 we're flying with and that was my point exactly about the weight limit. I thought that as long as checked in bags weren't over the limit then they would be ok. I thought I would ask here first anyway but my mum will probably phone Jet2 and ask anyway lol.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage question?

Hi Hever,

I know it's Jet2. They use the 'piece' system, not the 'weight' system. Have you asked her to check her confirmation? It should say on there.