We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to the U.S.A

Stockport, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to the U.S.A

My esta will expire whilst I am in the USA. Can I still travel?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to the U.S.A

Get a new one before you travel only $14 and takes only minutes

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to the U.S.A

You can renew your ESTA but you do not need to as per the ESTA Help Page

"My travel authorization is valid for travel to the United States but will expire before I depart. Do I need to apply for a new one before my trip?

No. ESTA travel authorization needs only to be valid upon arrival in the United States."

https:/…ata7

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,414 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to the U.S.A

You could just get a new one. You do not have to put any travel arrangements on it.....they only want your personal/passport information so it will only take a minute or two.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to the U.S.A

Whether it's worth renewing will depend if you have any future plans to visit the USA and when your current passport expires as any new ESTA will be valid for 2 years or until the expiry of the passport whichever is earlier.

You do not need to renew your ESTA for this forthcoming visit.

5. Re: Travel to the U.S.A

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 15, 2015