We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Airport Skylounge

glasgow
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Morning All

Flying out to Spain next week and have just found out from a friend who used the Skylounge last month that it is no longer self service for spirits and wine. I looked on the Airport website and it states passengers are only entitled to four drinks. This has changed form last year when I visited the Skylounge. Does anyone know how strictly this is enforced as my OH enjoys a spirit and a beer prior to travelling and has always been able to get unlimited amounts of both on previous visits.

Thanks in advance.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Not flown from Glasgow so unsure however if the rules state 4 per person then I would assume that they will enforce the rules.

Four drinks not enough for your OH before the flight?

glasgow
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Thanks for the reply.

If four drinks is the limit then it is not a problem, he's not an alcoholic!! It was more that he like to have a a beer and a chaser ogether and that means he can only technically have two rounds of drinks. I was more wondering if the limit is only on spirits or also on beers.

Cheers!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

he's not an alcoholic!!

============

No probs, not saying he is. Holidays start at the airport right? ;-)

You could always email the lounge from the contact us page on their website.... http://www.executivelounges.com/contact-us

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

This does seem to be the case now. Must be a fairly recent change as it was still "help yourself" last time I was in (maybe six months ago ?)

glasgow
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that someone who has been recently could offer some advice. Looks like we will be the guinea pigs! Will report back on my return.

Cheers

Lx

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

What is the verdict then? I was just looking to book the lounge for next week and also was reluctant because of the four drink rule. The main reason for booking would have been for a few more drinks for the price.

How did you find the lounge anyway? And how was your holiday?

Cheers

Craig

glasgow
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Hi Craig

We actually sat in the business section overlooking the runway so there was no restriction and it was self service.

So it was just as previous visits for us.

Holiday was great, dim and distant memory now!

Cheers

Lx

Edited: 5:08 pm, July 02, 2014
Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

when can we as party of 10 adults all over 60 years flying out 19 11 14 book in to sky lounge flight t 10 am what happens to our casses yours mick

9. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:37 am, October 26, 2014
glasgow
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glasgow Airport Skylounge

Hi mick.

From memory it is 3 hours before you fly and the lounge is after security so your cases would be checked in otherwise just keep them with you. It us open from about 8am I think.

Cheers

Lx