We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China southern !!

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
China southern !!

Flew to Phuket via China ! Flight was cancelled twice 2 weeks before holiday so had to fly a day later ! All ok !! Airport at China was bad Guangzhou ! I was asked if o wanted to return a day later i said no as i had to work on the Monday !

So got to Phuket airport ! Checked suitcase ! Got boarding pass etc ! Waiting to go through immagration when a guy had a sign with my flight number on it ! We all got told after an hr that we were to sent to a hotel in Phuket for 4 hrs as the Airport shuts at 2am and my flight had been de

Ayed for 7 hrs with NO explenation ! Got nack to airport ! Told not to worty about conne ting flight to London from China as we would get it !!

Landed in China NO flight cancelled due to "bad weather " it was sunny very hot no wind ! Blatant lie ! Was told next flight 0930 monday morning ! It was 11am sunday ! Argued that i had to get home as you do and was offered a flight to Paris then Air France to London to get to Heathrow at 11am Monday morning ! Took that offer and was put on a mini bus to a hotel near the airport with a £4 meal allowance ! Hotel was kinda ok ! Air con not working ! No water ! Ate a plate of western rice ! Slept a bit had to pay on credit card for some water £2 a bottle and brought some for another couple with me i met at airport in same position ! Staff were horrible ! Got nack to airport 12 hrs later flew to Paris then to london ! Was told by many people China Southern cancel flights alot without giving any reason or information as to why ! Crap airline ! Even crappier staff and a real bad experience ! I will NEVER fly with them again and i will tell anyone who suggests them ! not to !! I also got very very bad food poisoning from that plate of rice i ate at the hj grand hotel ! Was sick 4 times on plane and very bad diarrehea and when i asked for water from air hostess was given a very small amount and had to keep asking for more !! Jesus an average adult should drink 2 litres a day ! Had to keep waking the hostesses up to get a drink ! Very very bad service

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China southern !!

Pay a bit extra next time and use a decent airline.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China southern !!

Weather! at the location! can have nothing! to do with the fact that the flight! is delayed by weather!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: China southern !!

And does this! terrible! EXPERIENCE also account! for your excessive! use of the exclamation mark?????!!!

Just taking one point - bad weather is not necessarily at the point of departure - it can be anywhere along the route. You don't want to fly into a tornado 2 hours af6ter take off!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: China southern !!

#3 - you! said! whatI I! was! thinking......!!!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: China southern !!

" it can be anywhere along the route." - or where the plane was flying to/from 20 hours ago.

Silly things... they don't keep still!!

Edited because I forgot the obligatory !!!

Edited: 9:24 am, June 10, 2014
tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: China southern !!

On a more serious note, there is no way you can know for sure that your gastric issues had anything to do with the western rice; food poisoning can take days if not weeks to manifest itself.

Oh, and !!!! because I am supposed to?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: China southern !!

Jeez, you like the exclamation mark, don't you.

Most Chinese airlines are crap. While your story is unfortunate, I'm not surprised.

Next time fly a good Asian airline-- Cathay, Singapore, Thai etc

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: China southern !!

I'm sorry, I could not make my way through it, I was seriously distracted by all the exclamation marks. Usually I can persevere quite well, but this one did for me. I had two shots at it, but still couldn't make it. Sorry.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: China southern !!

I hear you loud and clear ! I usually fly Qatar ! Just letting others know about China Southern

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: China southern !!

Joke