We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

manchester
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Hi,

Travelling to Palma from manchester end of august, just a few questions if anyone can help :)

1. Looking at dropping bags the day before, will my infant sons 10kg allocation be checked in too or do they class it as hand luggage?

2. Travelling in a party of 4, with infant under 2. Does anyone know of the seat configuration?

We're booking seats together, so if anyone has any recommendations for location to rq?

First time travel with infant so nervous :)

Many thanks

Sarah

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Your infants allowance is checked allowance. They don't get any hand baggage allowance. Configuration is most likely going to be 3-3. Seats suitable for adult and lap infant will be shown with an (i) on them. You will be able to see the seating plan when you log into your booking to choose your seats.

Edited: 2:32 pm, June 09, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Just come back from Palma on a Thomson flight.

There were many family parties of four including an infant.

Most seemed to go for three seats together with one adult in the end seat and the infant on the lap of the adult either in the middle or end seat, putting the other child in the window seat.

Probably not a great flying experience but it's only a couple of hours and gets you there in one piece.

62 children (including infants) on the flight - the Captain mentioned it,

manchester
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Thanks for the info, am I right in thinking the seats get released to choose 6 weeks before?

manchester
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Thanks for the info, am I right in thinking the seats get released to choose 6 weeks before?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

You can prebook seats 90 days prior to your return flight, although it's worth checking earlier because sometimes they open the seating plan up a bit sooner.

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

Flying with Thomson's early tomorrow from Manchester I too wanted to drop the bags the day before, but have been advised by them that the bag drop is no longer available!!! and we cant book in on line either!!! So its the usual pot luck at the airport unless you have paid to pre book your seats.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

The day before check in isn't available any longer, it's a day before bag drop, so only available to just drop bags, not check in. You'll probably find that your seats have already been allocated by the time you get to airport check in.

manchester
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

So we can drop bags day before, to save messing about. And we have already paid for select our seats, think they're online in next two days. But we still have to check in when we get there as it's not available anymore online.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

What's not available anymore online?

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day before check in and seat configuration Thomson flt

I emailed Thomson and this was the reply regarding my flight tomorrow.......

'The facility to drop your luggage at the airport is no longer available on Thomson Airways flights. This flight also doesn’t offer online check in. Check in for your flight is 2 hrs prior to departure via the check desk at Manchester airport.'