We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

London, United...
1 post
Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

Hi,

I have just booked a last minute holiday with TC and flying with Easy Jet. I dont mind this but I did not realise until after I had paid that I could not book seats in advance. I will be travelling with young children.

I have spoken to both airline and TC who both say they cannot help other than turn up early and see what happens. Crew will try and move us if not sat together but no guarantee. I dont want others moving from seats they may have paid for when I am quiet willing to pay for my seats so we are sat together but it seems I cant.

Has anyone ever over come this. I have the flight tickets from TC which says "seats together, NO"!! I didnt ask for this.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,395 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

Hi

You can check-in with Easyjet thirty days before you travel and get seats allocated then, but if this is not possible with a Thomas Cook reservation then I don't know what you can do. You have to check-in online before you get to the airport so it should be available.

Jackie

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,582 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

It doesn't give the option to book seats together when you're actually booking, which means that service isn't available. It also tells you in the Important Information. Thomas Cook block book seats on Easyjet, and normally TC passengers are all seated in one area of the aircraft. Easyjet do try to ensure that everyone within that area are seated with who they want to be.

You can't check in online either. TC have an arrangement with Easyjet so their customers check in at the airport.

England
Level Contributor
224 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

I am having the same frustrating issue as travelling with a 3 yr old. I have read a couple of stories of young children being separated from a parent and this will make me really angry to the point I will get off the plane if he ends up not sat next to me or my husband.

Its the first time I have used Thomas Cook and although I knew we would be flying Easy Jet (usually a Ryanair traveller so used to cattle class) it was not made clear at any point (small print aside) that there was no online checkin or pre bookable seats. Never again, its put a real downer on the holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

I don't think EasyJet are going to separate you AND your husband from your 3 year old.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,395 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

Another reason for avoiding travel agents, even those who are reputable. Booking direct with the airline preempts most problems.

Jackie

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,582 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

osvic

It's in the Important Information that you're supposed to read as it contains information relative to your booking.

"Flight:

Only one item of checked in luggage per person is allowed per flight. This must not exceed your ticketed weight allowance

We are not able to offer the following services

Pre bookable seats which includes special requests / extra legroom seats or assistance seats.

Sporting equipment can only be reserved and paid for by the passenger at check in subject to availability on the aircraft , it is not guaranteed that easyJet will accept items on the day."

If you choose not to read it...............?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,582 posts
54 reviews
7. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

Jackie,

They're package holiday bookings. If they were flight only bookings they would be able to reserve seats with the airline. It's got nothing to do with the travel agent.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

You're absolutely right, Jackie, but I think in this case the OP has booked a Thomas Cook package holiday which happens to include easyJet flights(as they sometimes do these days) rather than used a Thomas Cook travel agency to book just the flights.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

What Jackie is trying to say is book flights with the people who provide the flights (the airline), book accommodation with the people who provide the accommodation (the hotel) and book a transfer with the people who provide the transfers (i.e. a local taxi firm at the destination).

That way there's no travel agent to constantly get in the way, and you get the same experience as a package holiday, just without the annoying sales pitch taking up your first morning.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,395 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Easy Jet via Thomas Cook

Precisely, fellow Worthing resident, I do exactly that and usually it works out cheaper.

Flight, private transfer (if I'm not hiring a car) and hotel.

Jackie