We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Have Thomson changed their policy of only allowing seats to be selected 90 days before Inbound Flight or were we just lucky today?

Traveling to Orlando on the Dreamliner from East Midlands in September and have read all the threads about only being able to select seats 90 days before Inbound flight. That should have been about the 26th June.

DH decided to ring Thomson today (90 days before our Outbound Flight) and had no problem selecting and booking Extra Leg Room seats for our Outbound and Inbound Flights. Row10 A & B both ways.

He phoned 0203 451 2695 just after 8am. The automated message on the phone confirmed that Seats can be selected 90 days before Outbound Flights so I'm guessing Thomson have changed their policy.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
30,494 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

As part of the booking process their website still states "We’ll e-mail you 90 days before your return flight with details on how to do this."

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

That's what we read but DH decided to give it a try anyway.

Definately says on the automated message that seats can be selected 90 days before OUTBOUND flight and it certainly worked for us!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
35,056 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Hopefully I will get the same outcome when I ring on June 11th which will be 90 days before my Outbound flight.

Angie.

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

We telephoned 0203 451 2695

Selected option 2 (If you already have a booking)

Selected option 3 (to select seat number)

Automated message " You are about to be transfered to a queue."

While waiting in the queue one of the automated messages says "Seat selection can be done 90 days before Outbound Flight"

Thought my DH had just been lucky so he made me try the number for myself, and then hang up once I'd heard the message...............had to suffer the "Told you so look!"

We fly on the 4th September (returning on the 25th Sept) and have had our confirmation email today with the seat numbers so feeling very relieved that it's all booked.

Be very interested to hear how you get on Angie..................Good Luck.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
35,056 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Will definitely let you know how I get on........keep your fingers crossed for me :) Oh an its the 10th not the 11th that will be my 90 days just checked the calendar again !!

Angie.

Edited: 3:00 pm, June 06, 2014
romford
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting the above info:-)

We are flying out to the Dom Rep early next week but we are also going away with Thomson on the 4th Sept for 2 weeks, and was planning to try and book our seats while in the Dom Rep which will be a pain!!

Am going to try first thing in the morning to book our seats for our Sept trip ... will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Pat

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Pat...............the voice mail on the phone line says the offices are open from 9am but the web-site says 8am.

DH phoned at 1 minute past 8am this morning and got through.............do hope it works for you.

romford
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Hi Sue,

Thanks again .. will endeavour at 8am. On another note .... was it an English call centre that your husband spoke to, as having previously phoned to book seats it was an Indian one and could barely understand what they were saying!!

Regards.

Pat

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Hi Pat

Yes, it was a young man with a slight Indian accent but he was very clear and DH had no problem at all.

romford
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Dreamliner seats 90 days before OUTBOUND Flight

Thank you Sue ... will let you know how I get on tomorrow. Touch wood will be as lucky as you:-)

Regards,

Pat