We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mauritius
2 posts
Save Topic
Reliability of cheapflight-air

Hi

Can somebody tel me whether the company cheap flight air in Poland and Istanbul is a reliable company to buy air tickets? Website is www.cheapflight-air.com.

Thanks

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

They're a scam.

The same scammers that brought the following websites.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k68542…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k73280…

The scam is to pretend that thet're credit card system is down, or now that they're credit card system doesn't accept your card, and then get you to pay by bank transfer. Once they have your money they take it and you have no flight.

Avoid them like the plague, and if you have given them money report them to the police.

Edited: 11:46 am, June 03, 2014
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

Yep just did a dummy booking but didn't complete, they emailed me with the flight details and this was added on at the end.

TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDER:

At the moment, due to technical problems, we cannot accept credit card orders. We were informed by our bank that it will be at least 2 weeks before this service is restored. We are sorry for the inconvenience and advise you to select an alternative payment method so that you can proceed with your order.

In order to book your tickets, you need to select your payment method: please either do this online in the in MY ITINERARIES section of our website, or by emailing us. We will not be able to book your tickets until the payment method is selected.

ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS: If necessary, you can change your preferred payment method online in MY ITINERARIES section of our website or by replying to the payment instructions email you will receive shortly.

You will be able to choose your preferred payment method from:

•Bank Transfer

•PayPal

•Western Union (we compensate the transfer fees and provide 3.2% discount to the order amount)

Mauritius
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

Thanks a lot guys for your comments. I avoid making a big blunder

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

You're welcome, and Kudos to you Mohuddy for doing your research.

In all likelihood this thread (like the others) will get populated by victims who weren't as smart as you and lost a ton of money. While I sympathize with them as they're victims of a crime, I'll wonder why they were so gullible as to be seduced by that word "cheap" and empty their bank account to people they've never done any checks on.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,696 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

<< I'll wonder why they were so gullible as to be seduced by that word "cheap" and empty their bank account to people they've never done any checks on.>>

The word "cheap" is such a strong siren song, that "seduction" is an apt word. Next thing they know, their financial boat is striking the rocks! The scammers know the power of "cheap," and similar trigger words, and use them to their advantage. Some folk, who normally possess pretty good business sense, will turn to pudding, just at the utterance of "cheap." It's usually about then, that they discover sites like TA to rail against such business practices - seldom before, as in this case.

Hunt

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

Thanks to all. I was about to make that dummy mistake. I got an irresistible cheap fair that is 70% of the airline fair. So, I went to the airline office and found that I have no booking. I emailed cheapflight-air.comasking for booking reference to boulle check my booking with the carrier airline before I proceed with payment they emailed back with an eticket saying it will be activated as soon as they receive my payment. I took that email to the carrier airline. They told me no one on earth will issue a "numbered" eticket before receiving payment. They entered the eticket number and it is nowhere to be found. At that point I knew they must scam. It is always a good idea to check with the airline before payment.

Thanks

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
522 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

"Thanks to all. I was about to make that dummy mistake. I got an irresistible cheap fair that is 70% of the airline fair"

And, Dana L - Thank you for checking the Air Travel Forum FIRST. The only phrase I can come up with right now is "the system works". If only more travelers did their homework or apply that over-used phrase "due diligence" - these so-called "cheap" companies might find their bottom lines a bit thin at the end of their fiscal years.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

Yes, kudos to Dana for doing her research.

"these so-called "cheap" companies might find their bottom lines a bit thin at the end of their fiscal years."

In THIS case, the "cheap" company isn't a company at all, but a criminal enterprise that steals people's money. So double kudos to Dana.

Dana, if you were sent bank transfer details then please report the scam to http://www.actionfraud.police.uk . That's the UK Metropolitan Polices fraud squad. Even though you're not a victim - thanks to your diligence - you'd have evidence that could help track the criminals. And of course report it to the RCMP too.

9. Re: Reliability of cheapflight-air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 02, 2015