We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Hi I had what turned out to be a really bad experience with Ryanair. Luckily I recorded everything as this has happened to me in the past.

We tried to check in with Ryanair so we could print the online tickets but the website didn't work, meaning it wouldn't allow me to make an online check in. I could access the page and everything just not check in and print my boarding pass.

Because this has happened before, I decided to make a screen recording. Last time this happened just 2 months before we tried from various computers and locations and eventually the booking agency had to deal with it and they checked in online for us and sent us the boarding pass, which obviously is not even allowed, but even they took a few days because they had the same problem.

So anyway this time I had booked from Ryanair themselves, so the only thing to do was call the hotline and ask if they knew of a solution.

Greeted by an Asian lady that wasn't very clear to understand, I explained my problem and she continuously argued with the point that "mus work, it can not not work" (like I said I have the conversation recorded it's embarrassing) and after going around in circles not getting anywhere I then asked what to do if it doesn't work? In which she refused to reply.

So out of desperation I asked a few friends if they could try, then maybe fax it to me. No luck, even they couldn't check in online.

So I arrived at the airport and explained my situation, with the nice reply of, not my problem, you have to pay 75 euros for a new ticket to be printed. With the lady being so aggresive and not being even able to look at me and practically ignore me, I asked to see the manager from the Ryanair desk. 15 minutes later along strolls the manager, looks at me and my son and I ask if I can record her, she agrees and tells me the same that I have to pay and then make a claim to get a refund afterwards. I then tell her but I don't have 150 euros and she simply walks away and says, not my problem, thats yours. As I ask the lady to come back she simply strolls off slowly the same way she arrived and ignores me. My son shocked in desperation says WTF who does she this she is?! Then the lady working replies with bad words in spanish that I very cleary understand after living there but can't write on this post. When my son replies with "be quiet and speak English if you have to say anything to us, she replies with "YOU SHUT UP!" (remember this is all recorded word for word... it's almost like in a film when I play it back to people). Anyway I'm desperately calling Ryanair to get someone to help me, and the lady comes to the little counter door next to where I am standing and bangs the door open and closed as loud as possible, not stopping there but also sings "la la la la la la la" to deliberately stop me from complaining and saying her name. (not that the call center cared)

So now really angry, I actually call the police because this lady is basically calling me an "A**hole" and "F*ck Off" out loud in Spanish... The Police come stop us from filming but make the lady calm down and she actually gives me an apology.

Then she makes a call and tells me I have to pay the 150 euros but I will be able to get my money back afterwards from Ryanair.

She then gives me the form and I take it, file a complaint.

Now after complaining Ryan air has taken 6 weeks to reply... with a standard sorry but it's your fault you should have printed a ticket. Which obviously means to me that not one person read about my issue and experience.

So my question is, what shall I do know? I don't believe that Ryanair should be allowed to steal my money and blame me for it...

They've always been a great airline in my eyes for the price incredible, but I truly believe like I said that just because they're big they should be able to take our money like that.

With 80million customers it's really easy to generate a few million extra by making these "small" problems arise and funnily I had just printed out 6 other tickets as I travel with them a lot.

And yes before anyone writes cookies, browser etc etc etc... I've been building websites since 1996... I even deleted cookies that 98% of you have never heard about... plus I asked others to try for me...

Suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Suggestions would be appreciated

===============

Can you put the footage on Youtube? I could do with a chuckle.

Not much you can do now, other than take them to small claims court which will be throwing good money down the drain, especially if you infer that they somehow deliberately made this 'small problem arise' . It is your word against theirs and there is only going to be one winner in that case.

Time to move on I think.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Hi

Just one thing, Ryanair have changed the period of time when you can checkin without seat reservations to seven days from fifteen. Could you have tried to checkin before it was available?

Also your son saying "WTF" does mean that one of you was using foul language, I personally would refuse to deal with anyone speaking to me like that, and no I don't work for Ryanair.

Jackie

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Print out your screen shots and send another letter this time recorded delivery . You might say that you go for a county court if the do not settle.

Edited: 6:40 am, May 21, 2014
Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

No I'm aware of that, this was 1 day before departing and on the same morning as departure. As for my son, we were 3 meters away from the other lady and he actually said "what theee" to me, because if he'd had said the F word I would have clipped his ear! lol... As for refusal, I think that the ladies all had a fight maybe before we arrived on the scene, because it was very unnatural for anyone to be so rude, using swear words, when I don't even use them, and telling us "When in Spain, you must speak Spanish!"... Which I think is just beyond rude personally... at an airport the main language is probably English at least in Europe!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

I think putting it on youtube might get a response

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Not much you can do really. If you have footage, put it on Youtube. You might get a reaction.

Tens of thousands of people manage to check in quite successfully every week. I also never leave it to the day before if I can help it just in case there are problems. If you show up at the airport without a boarding pass you have to pay the airport check in fee. Why should the staff make an exception for you simply because you claim you couldn't check in when presumably everyone else on your flight was able to? The rules are clear, they were explained to you.

There are two sides to every story. "So now really angry..." You admit you were angry. That is something the staff do not have to put up with. Clearly you were frustrated but the staff were only enforcing the rules. I am sure they hear sob stories every day.

If you can *prove* it was a glistch in the system then you could try taking them to court. But they will simply argue as I note above that everyone else managed to check in, so in cannot have been totally impossible for you to do so, even if you may have encountered a problem at a certain time.

Edited: 6:51 am, May 21, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Very strange tale, and it appears applicable to you only,,,everyone else could check in?

As everyone says, post the footage. Before that I actually don't believe your version of it.

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Like I said this has happened to me before and it was not the first time. I also mentioned that we had others try and print it out and it didn't work for them either. So if someone doesn't believe what I write, then that is rather irrelevant as it's a fact and not some childrens story. The support lady also told me "it muss work" on the phone... although it didn't!

As for the comment referring to me being angry... I am very calm in all situations, till a problem is solved. Panic doesn't get anyone anywhere. Nether the less, I think anyone in my shoes should have had the right to be angry, I had a woman on the phone tell me it was impossible and actually hang up... I then get a lady that ignores me from the very first minute, more than likely because it was Ibiza and many young people loose their tickets when partying. Only I don't party neither did I have the option to loose my ticket. Also regarding me wanting to print my ticket 1 day before... that is perfectly fine, theoretically I can leave it till the last 2 hours. The date I tried to print it was not an issue because I called and stated it didn't work / wouldn't work right afterwards. To top it off, what ever happened to people being normal? Why when I explained that it didn't work, why does another lady explain to me it must. Also why was it not possible to even ask someone else what to do?!

If fact i just googled it and I see I am not alone, there are more people who have tried to check in within the 7 days and it didn't work for them either.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

Are you talking about a boarding pass or an e-ticket?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,842 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do when asking for a refund from Ryanair

When was your flight? The boarding pass reissue fee has only been €15 since beginning of February. If you don't check in online then it's €70, the same as it's been for ages.