We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

I am planning on flying to Seattle in October to visit some friends. I was curious which domestic carrier had the most leg room? I was looking at delta and Jerry blue but coming back Jet blue is a red eye and never flown a red eye before.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Where are you Flying to Seattle from???

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

"I was curious which domestic carrier had the most leg room?" - In my experience no significant difference in Economy but more difference in terms of cost and benefits in the Economy Plus (or whatever name each airline calls it) section.

I'd always look at cost/route options before considering legroom as a deciding factor.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Tampa Florida delta is $314 Jet blue is $350

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,754 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

How about Southwest?

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

They were 360 last I checked.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

If you're flying in economy, as long as you avoid Spirit, you'll barely notice the difference in leg room between the carriers. I would pick whichever has the best price and time to meet your needs, which sounds like Delta in your case.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

JetBlue provides more legroom than other carriers in economy, 34 inches on most flights. This is only 1 or 2 inches less than other carriers premium economy, which usually cost significantly more than JetBlue. JetBlue also provides free satellite tv and good snacks. On the whole, all things being more or less equal, I would take JetBlue for the comfort. If the schedules and/or price don't work, then I would look at the other airlines.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,754 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Don't forget to factor in the fact that Southwest gives you 2 free checked bags, and they don'y charge any change fees.

Edited: 8:25 pm, May 19, 2014
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Thanks everyone all of you were great help

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which U.S carrier had the most leg room? Another question...

Leg room can vary by aircraft even in the same airline. What are your options on that day, in terms of airline and aircraft and price? Sites such as Seatguru, Seamaestro, while they have flaws, may give some indication. You don't mention premium economy so I assume you're talking about regular economy. But you're willing to pay more if a particular airline on that route will give you more room?