We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Mumbai to London

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Mumbai to London

My parents are planning to travel from Mumbai to London in July. since its their first time abroad they are looking at a non stop flight. the options i have are BA, Virgin Atlantic and Jet. BA ruled out because of their luggage policy. I need reviews on the Virgin Atlantic flight on this sector. is the staff rude? parents are old and they might need help in the flight. I have personally flown jet a number of times and like it, Virgin is offering a lower fare hence tempted

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vir_atl.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

>>I need reviews on the Virgin Atlantic flight on this sector. is the staff rude?<<

Well, no, no airlines staff are rude as a matter of policy, however on every airline you will find the good with the bad and staff will eventually react the way they are treated ie if someone is rude to them, eventually, there is a fair chance they will be rude back.

What's up with the BA luggage policy?

What sort of help do you think your parents will need in flight? Remember cabin crew are busy on all flights, and people who fly are expected to be able to tend for themselves during the flight.

3. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:27 am, May 15, 2014
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,287 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

Virgin crew are noted for their "informality", perhaps because they are usually young. I personally don't like being called 'mate' or 'you guys' by the people serving me. BA crew tend to be more mature.

Edited: 9:30 am, May 15, 2014
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

thank you all...

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

What's up with the BA luggage policy?

===========

Probably, on this route its that BA have the standard one hold suitcase, and Virgin have two.

7. Re: travel from Mumbai to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 18, 2015