We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

1 post
Save Topic
Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

Hello, my gf legal name (name on id) is Ana Inês Santos, she doesn't like Ana, so everybody calls her Inês... When booking Ryanair tickets to our trip I wrote Firstname: Inês, Lastname: Santos, do you think that we will be denied boarding?

Thanks

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,982 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

Simply call Ryanair and change the name. They will make the change for free or for a small fee depending on how long ago you booked. I doubt you would be allowed to board if the names don't match.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

The first names and surnames on the booking and the passports must match exactly so if you ignore it, there's every chance you could be denied boarding.

If it's not been long since you booked Ryanair might change the name free of charge but it's at their discretion. Be very nice and apologetic when you phone!

Edited: 9:21 am, May 11, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,658 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

I've done this when booking flights for a friend. They called up and Ryanair changed it for €10. If you have only just booked they will normally change it for free up to 24 hours after booking.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

It would be €10 well spent methinks

5. Re: Portugal to Paris, gf middlename instead of firstname!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 13, 2015