We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does the non-reserved seat mean on TAP Airlines

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
What does the non-reserved seat mean on TAP Airlines

I'm trying to decide between the discount and basic fares and I'm not sure what it means when it says the discount fare doesn't have reserved seats. Can any one help?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,122 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What does the non-reserved seat mean on TAP Airlines

The discount fare does not offer the facility to reserve a seat in advance - you'll simply be allocated one from what's available on the day of the flight which could be an issue if more than 1 person is travelling.

Other fares allow for advance seat reservation but these are little more than requests and are not guaranteed and still subject to confirmation on the day of the flight.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What does the non-reserved seat mean on TAP Airlines

Thanks -- that makes me wonder if the extra $40/ticket is really worth it.

3. Re: What does the non-reserved seat mean on TAP Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 08, 2015