We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

Hayward, California
1 post
Save Topic
Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

I'm just wondering if I can bring my vv/vw mod on an international flight ?? I do have mech mods for back up but really wanna bring my vv/vw mod with me. Anyone has any experience going through SF international airport with vv/vw mod on them ???

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,012 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

I have no clue what vv/vw is.

In general smoking on board (in whatever form) is not permitted. It does not matter if this is water steam or smoke from a cigarette.

Further you need also to check importation issues of e-cigarettes as they are not allowed to bring in to some countries.

Edited: 4:40 am, April 30, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

Is your question actually can you bring it, as you have written? If that's the question, then answer is yes, it's permitted in hand luggage, just as cigarettes are permitted and it's permitted through security at the airport.

If your question is can you use it on board and you have mis communicated, then the answer is no. You cannot use it on board. If it's can you use it at the airport, then I am not sure, normally it's just in designated areas.

However you can indeed bring it with you, if that's in fact the question,

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,085 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electronic Cigarette on an international flight!!

http://www.ecigwizard.com/mods/tesla-mod.html

never seen this type before...and no you cannot use/smoke on the plane