We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 hr layover LAX

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3.5 hr layover LAX

Arriving T2 and departing T6 or T7 (United) Is there a better option near the aiport for a nice meal, where I can spend an hour or should I just go through security and hunker down in one of restaurant options in the terminal?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

Domestic or international? Not that it really matters I guess, since most would not recommend leaving an airport anyway on a 3.5 hour layover.

Edited: 8:48 pm, April 29, 2014
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

There's nothing really good in the LAX airport, but the airport has been trying over the past few years. I don't know how long it takes to process an international flight, but you could look at this link for restaurant options or you could look into a day pass at an airline lounge for decent and truly free wi-fi.

www.lawa.org/tenantLAXResult.aspx…

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

There's an In 'n Out burger branch on Sepulveda close to the LAX entrance. Probably a mile walk (or less) from the terminals. But given the need to schlep to T6 and clear security, a burger wouldn't be worth it to me.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k508218…

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

Flying Domestic on United, so should be safe if I allow myself 2 hours to clear security. I will have my boarding pass and bags are checked through

DC
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

Definitely In-n-Out. Use the Parking Spot Sepulveda van (make sure you get the Sepulveda van). In-n-Out is next to the garage.

You're welcome.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

where do I get the Sepulveda van

7. Re: 3.5 hr layover LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 01, 2015