We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection time in Houston IAH

OKC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
connection time in Houston IAH

One more question - Is 1 hr. 45 min enough connection time in Houston IAH from International flight for customs etc?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connection time in Houston IAH

Unless you are travelling with hand luggage only and can utilise the OneStop facility I would think it's a bit tight to guarantee making the connection.

http://www.fly2houston.com/OneStop

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connection time in Houston IAH

I've made it in 56mins (we had 3 kids with us and checked luggage). That is a legal connection and they don't make those connection times that low if most people are missing their flights. I think you will be fine.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: connection time in Houston IAH

Be careful here.

At Houston (IAH) ....

For an International to Domestic (INTL-DOM) connection, with checked bags, you have to do the normal immigration, collect bags, clear customs, hand bags back, clear security. While it's not as bad as at Newark, I'd still say 1hr45 is very tight for US/Canadian citizens and too tight for foreign visitors. I'd stick with the 3 hour rule.

If you have either a INTL-INTL connection, or INTL-DOM but with carry on bags only then you can use the OneStop facility, which provides a dedicated immigration line (shorter) and then straight through to security (INTL-INTL through checked bags don;t have to be collected for Customs). That could save you 30 minutes to an hour, and with that 1hr45 would definitely be doable with an on time arrival.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: connection time in Houston IAH

3 hours is way too much time, at most 2 hours at IAH, I been done in 5 minutes and over an hour, just depends. But an 1 3/4 hours is enough time, unless of course your flight is real late.

5. Re: connection time in Houston IAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2015