We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirCanada to Chile

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
AirCanada to Chile

I just arrived in Santiago from vancouver with a total flying time of 15 hours and total journey time being 17 hours. I would say it was a good timing for this trip. I Had a connection in Toronto and I have not so good experience in the flight. Food was definitely upsetting and it appeared to me an old aircraft from inside. The seat covers were slightly torn on the seat in front. The flight was on time and the staff was courteous but it wasn't a pleasing experience at all. With airplanes fighting to get to the top in customer experience, I would rate them pretty low specially if compared with flights like Qatar, British, jet airways, etc.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirCanada to Chile

AC flights to SCL are currently operated with the older 763s, which are due for a refit and reassignment to Rouge. Once the 787s start to join the AC fleet throughout the year, I understand the YYZ-SCL route will be operated by one of the 777s, which should be a nice improvement.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirCanada to Chile

I am sorry you had a bad experience with having to look at slightly torn seat covers. You must still be reeling from the shock of it all.

Getting to your destination safely, on time with courteous staff is all very well but that alone doesn't make up for having to put up with general tattiness.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirCanada to Chile

Hi,

"Food was definitely upsetting and it appeared to me an old aircraft from inside. The seat covers were slightly torn on the seat in front. The flight was on time and the staff was courteous but it wasn't a pleasing experience at all."

==> Two issues here as I see it.. The food is very much subjective in that what you may call bad, someone else might find good to great and vice versa. So, given the operational realities with serving food on-board, this one, to me, is hard to effectively call good, bad or otherwise.

The cabin.. I do think you have every reasonable expectation to have a clean and workable product - regardless if that aircraft is going to be refurbished, retired or otherwise. That said, I do also recognize some economic realities in that there's going to be a limit as to how much you invest in maintaining a product that's either slated for a major refurbishment or removal from the fleet..

So, in this regard, I'd say if the issue was something that was a direct impact on you, like your seat cushion, or similar, then that's not ok.. if it was something that was more indirect, like the color of the carpet, then I think that's a bit different.

Again, this isn't a whole scale pass for not maintaining a product because it's going to be refurbished soon, but does say that even of that's the case, until it is done, it still needs to be kept in a decent shape for normal passenger use.

Travel Safe,

4. Re: AirCanada to Chile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2015