We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one month travel plan in Australia

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
one month travel plan in Australia

I am planning a trip to Australia with my 7 years old daughter from mid July to mid August.I have to plan my itinerary and then book my air tickets, so I would like to have your advice on forming this itinerary. Can anyone suggest me the must travel cities in Australia? I plan to travel by air from one city to another.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

You need to post in the Australia forum, not air travel.

There are no "must travel" cities, it depends on your wants and likes. Buy a guidebook, or find an organised tour and join that or find an organized tour and steal ideas from its itinerary.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

Perhaps you'd be better posting direct on the Australia forum first for itinerary information and then come back to the air forum for flight information.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

At that time of the year I'd be suggesting somewhere in the north of the country, unless you like drizzly, grey weather and short days. Broome is said to be beautiful.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
937 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

MsVivien R, I suggest 3 weeks in Queensland, 2 weeks on the gold coast where there are numerous theme parks , there is also Whale watching and the weather should be mild e,g, mid 20s celsius.

I would then spend 1 week in north Queensland in Cairns where the weather will be much warmer, from here you can venture out to the great barrier reef and also the Daintree river/rainforest. visit Port Douglas, take the train upto Kuranda and come back into cairns on the Skyrail.

I would finish with 1 week in Sydney, see the Opera house, Harbour bridge, the beautiful harbour, take a ferry over to Manly, See the Zoo and do some shopping.

I know this should have been on the Australian forum but I thought it might help here, sorry if I should not have replied.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

Absolutely nothing wrong with helping them out with advice, but it might just be an idea to ask them about their interests. I think it's a great suggestion, but a whole chunk of that would be up in smoke if they don't like the water.

6. Re: one month travel plan in Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2015