We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transat air

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Transat air

I just flew with TS to and from Jamaica... Never again. I'm a 5'2" smaller female and the seats were crowded for me so I have no idea how a taller person could be comfortable. We were delayed at both ends and on both ways mostly coming home the stewardesses were thee most rude I have ever experienced. The whole plane was unbelievably cold and a lot complained and all they kept saying was to bad and if you are cold but a blanket. Just the whole travel part of the trip was not good... Sorry but it's all true and I just thought others could learn from my mistake of booking with them..

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
752 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transat air

Oh dear. seems like another story of North American airlines offering shoddy service to their own. Was a reason given for the delays?

Lets just say Air Transat fly a successful summer service between the UK and Canada and their plans are always full. Flew with them last year and had no problems with a flight across the Atlantic. Both ways it left and arrived on time and service was OK. Nothing special but nothing to complain about. I am a touch taller than the OP and did not have an uncomfortable flight any my seat was fine. Not complaining about my experience with them.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transat air

Lets just say Air Transat fly a successful summer service between the UK and Canada and their plans are always full.

----------

Because they're cheap. The product is pretty poor.

Cambridge,UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transat air

They may be cheap but just had return trip on Air Canada, must say experiences with Air Transat ( 4 transatlantic services ) much better then Air Canada, just a personal reflection.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transat air

I've flown with them numerous times and I'm 5'4 and my hubby is 6'1 and it is fine. I find they are a little tight, but you should know that going in when buying a charter. He is 6'1, we have a baby as a lap infant twice and it was not terrible.. Cost is what most people look for but to say someone who is 5'2 had a problem is a little over the top.. IMO.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transat air

We flew Air Transat to Brussels last summer, returning via Paris. The trip over was fine, the trip from Paris to Montreal was a delight!

The seating was comfortable, the entertainment varied (so much so that I didn't even crack open the magazine that I had bought for the flight). Our travelling companions said that it was the best flight they had ever taken.

Even though we are a two hour drive from the airport, we usually choose Air Transat over other airlines for international travel.

Huntsville, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transat air

Are you kidding me 5'2" and uncomfortable. Cold? Should have borrowed a parka from someone, enough people bring them along when flying south.

7. Re: Transat air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 15, 2015