We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Thomas Cook

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Thomas Cook

Hi , has anyone flown with Flythomascook & if so how was it ?

Did you prebook seats and have any changes ?

Do they have seat back TV screens ?

If you have flown both both TC & Virgin which was the better experience ?

I am trying to decide between the two and any advice would be appreciated as I have always used Virgin before, I am not overly concerned with the food services so not really taking that into account

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Presuming you're flying longhaul all A330s have seatback IFE. Prebooked seating requests would only be changed for operational reasons.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Sorry should have said , I am looking at Manchester to Orlando

Thanks for the response

West Midlands
Level Contributor
450 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Hi there

We flew Birmingham to mexico June 2013 and afraid to say we will never fly with them again. We prebooked seats on the flight to Mexico and had to pay approx. £70 for 3 of us. Inflight entertainment consisted of 4 films (only one of which our 4 year old could watch) but one film for a 10.5 hour flight was not good enough I don't think. There are TV screens on the back of each seat however mine did not work. Also we thought the inflight drinks service was soooooooo expensive. Oh and you have to pay for earphones. I think maybe we have been completely spoilt in the pass normally flighting in the opposite direct on Emirates and Etihad who both offer free seat selection, free drinks service, over 1500 options on the inflight entertainment and 5 star service. In my opinion I think TC needs to bring itself up to date with inflight entertainment and services.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

You're trying to compare a charter airline whose main business is selling seats to tour operators for package holidays, and full service carriers. The two are completely different business models. Their latest A330 does have AVOD and I believe their other A330s are undergoing refurbishment on a rolling scale.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

There's no comparison IMO,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook flight prices are in Euros for UK customers, meaning that you get a very unfavourable exchange rate when you pay for the flight in GBP.

As a result its a completely different price from the one you are quoted on search websites like Skyscanner

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Their prices aren't in euros if the flight originates in the UK, or you book a return ticket originating in the UK. The fact that Skyscanner choose to display prices in £s when the airline doesn't price in £s isn't the fault of the airline. The same goes for the other airlines that price in €s but skyscanner quotes a price in £s.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

Thanks all , I booked with Virgin in the end so that I could get the PE flight

9. Re: Fly Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 02, 2015