We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,597 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

So Ryanair seem to have pressed the mute button on the Michael O'Sleary remote control. Perhaps realising that pi55ing customers off is perhaps not the best business strategy in the world and that the same joke is just not funny year after year. Not all publicity is good publicity it appears.

So they do seem on the face of it to have made some good improvements. They have a new marketing manager, team and it seems strategy. The website has been completely revamped and IMO looks and feels great.

The stupid CAPTCHA thing has been removed. Credit & debit card charges have been reduced to a fair (or is that a fare) level. Reserved seating throughout the aircraft, allowing small handbags to be carried in addition to your carry on and an all round hug me I’m from Ryanair feeling.

telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transpo…

So anyone flown them recently and did you see improvements in attitude and service? Should I put them on my will fly list again?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Perhaps it is too much to hope that they will dispense with the posthorn arrival tone on the PA and the garish yellow of the aircraft interior. But my take on FR is if the bottom line all in cost is the lowest and the flight times suit then I will put up with almost anything even the passenger underclass* that seems to pervade the routes from Manchester and Liverpool to Palma and Alicante especially on summer weekends.

* me included obviously!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Should I put them on my will fly list again?

================

I think you should Ronaldo, as you can only really comment if you have tried and it would be good to hear your comments. More to short haul than just orange.

I have not noticed any paticular differences in attitude and service but then I have never really experienced any negative attitude and service on past Ryanair flights.

Agree with WirralScouse entirely.

Edited: 8:35 am, April 08, 2014
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

I flew with them last just before MOL decided to get all cuddly and it was absolutely fine. since then I can only see improvements like being able to select seats,(though not being able to deselect travel insurance, at least on my computer) so no reason not to fly them. Like all the LCC's they are fine so long as you don't think t's and c's don't apply to you or that you have special dispensation to do what you like without regard for others. Which I'm sure is not the case here:) I certainly wouldn't rule them out providing they offer best price per flight time/location.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

I flew with them last Saturday from Bristol to Palma. This on a ticket I booked a few months ago for less than £50 return. Good flight, nice FA's, coffee €2.50 was good as well and we arrived early.

Ryanair are ok on my book and are generally mauled by people who have never flown with them.

As for MO any one who starts an airline with just one plane and ends up running a fleet of over 300 must be doing something right. People moan about Ryanair at every opportunity but never seem to complain about their prices.

Some of us remember travelling around Europe pre LCC days, Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Berlin have revolutionised air travel and made it affordable to the masses. Something to celebrate rather than constantly whine about.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Got the same problem on my computer-how do you deselect travel insurance, tried everything including chanting MOL's name three times but still nothing?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,817 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Just click on Don't Insure Me in the drop down box.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Just click on Don't Insure Me in the drop down box.

-----------

That's been the problem for me anyway, - no Don't Insure Me in said drop down box.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Just tried again (on a dummy flight) and found it this time (just after 'Denmark').

Cunning disguise....:)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,597 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Yep I had a problem finding it too. FGS just put a box saying "No Thanks"

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair.Is the world better off without an O'Leary rant or 2

Agree! reason I missed it before (and not just because I was searching without my reading glasses, honest) was that I expected it to be separate either at the top or the bottom of the list, not embedded in the countries list!