We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

Scotland
Level Contributor
134 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

Hello,

I plan to fly from Trinidad to Edinburgh with BA. I will have to change in London Gatwick. Can you tell me if I need to collect my luggage at Gatwick and check in again for the flight to Edinburgh or would my bags be checked straight through from Trinidad and I can pick them up at Edinburgh.

I've been trying to call BA's helpline but with no success. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

If it's one ticket your luggage will be sent through. You can check this when you get your luggage tags at Glasgow they should have both Heathrow and Trinidad on them. LHR in small letters, Trinidad (not sure what the code is) large letters.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,479 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

joe -they are using Gatwick (not LHR )

and then Edinburgh not Glasgow !!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

They would never see their bags or their destination if you were the check in agent Joe :-)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,803 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

Joe - you having a senior moment or two today - they were asking about flying from Trinidad.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

Don't know what was going through Joe's mind? :D

You get the general idea though, they will be checked straight through to Edinburgh.

Scotland
Level Contributor
134 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

Thanks all for the replies. The travel agents in Trinidad seem to think otherwise as they believe I will have to collect the bags in Gatwick and check in again to get to Edinburgh.

But I honestly don't think that's the case as it is a single booking with the same airline all the way to EDI.

Also, on the return flight from EDI > LGW > POS, the connection time in Gatwick is 65 mins between the BA flights, this seems very short to me, but presume it is suitable as the BA website makes the selection of this combination of flights? Any info on this is also appreciated!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,803 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

"Also, on the return flight from EDI > LGW > POS, the connection time in Gatwick is 65 mins between the BA flights, this seems very short to me,"

You'll be ok as long as the flight from EDI is on time or only has a small delay, both flights should arrive/depart from the North Terminal so all you need to do is get to the departure gate. Again your bags should be checked through from EDI to POS.

Great Malvern...
Level Contributor
574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

You will need to collect your luggage at Gatwick and then check in for your Edinburgh flight.

Great Malvern...
Level Contributor
574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

I've done it!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,803 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying from Trinidad to Edinburgh - with connection at LGW

"You will need to collect your luggage at Gatwick and then check in for your Edinburgh flight." - That's utter rubbish for an POS-LGW-EDI flight on a single ticket.