We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Just got off flight sq026 and can't tell you how disappointed I am ... Business class on the airbus is only business class for people under 6 feet tall. Couldn't sleep flat as i didn't fit. ... And the noise coming from the kitchen area was unbearable. Try Korean air ... Such a better experience!!! What happened to Singapore air???

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,517 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

DisappointedTom, hi

TA has a special airltravel forum...

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Was SQ26 JFK-FRA, or FRA-SIN? Not that it matters particularly, but anyway I have found the SQ Airbus A380 to be amazing in every class. Flown once in Business and once in Suites, but mainly in economy. In fact, I am flying back to Singapore tomorrow in economy. :)

Admittedly, I am not over 6ft, but I am not that much smaller. I have never had a problem with the beds (or seats). What makes Korean Air much better? Their seats in business class on the A380 are listed almost identical to the SQ ones.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Singapore to NYC.

Seats weren't the same. On SQ airbus they were wider, but older. You had to stand up and fold them down to make a bed. Weren't comfortable at all. The overall experience with Korean air was better including the upper deck floor plan: forward lounge you could sit and relax in and aft standup bar ... they pay more attention to the details ... the way SQ used to be. Safe travels

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

.... moved from Singapore Forum to Air Travel Forum.

Regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Oh dear, Disappointed tom, it appears you are predominantly disappointed with all your travel experiences. And you have a particular dislike of noise. At least you know this and created your TA name so others do too.

Better luck on your future travels.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

At 6'4 and 120kg, I cannot understand your post. I have travelled on this exact aircraft and find the seat the best (ex Australia) so far. I could not fault the seat.

In regards to the noise from the kitchen, I never have this problem as I am proactive and book my seats and meal selections in advance with SQ.

Also, s I cannot be bothered to look up the flight you mention - Are you talking Airbus A380 (I assume) or A330 -

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

It appears you haven't read all of my posts. I give praise just as easily ... if it is warranted.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Good for you ... but unclear how you would fit. Travel companion had the same problem I did even when sitting in bulkhead. hope that clarifies for you :/

I also arrange my travel information online but was not able to address this situation as the plane was sold out. Have found that United has only flat bed that fits.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

Really? I've read all four posts and all three reviews and you only have one positive review up there. Everything other than that one positive review is a negative and your advice to avoid,,,,,

It does read that you are a predominantly disappointed chap. As said, good luck in your future travels and look forward to seeing your new name of " happy tom".

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,968 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore Airlines ... Airbus is a disappointment

I'm 6'2" and the wide business class seat worked for me; I slept a bit slanted. Yes, it takes some maneuvering to figure out how to flip the seat up and down - the flight attendant helped me. I was in a 777, but I think it's the same seat - I also reviewed seatguru and flyertalk extensively before selecting my seat. The flight attendant service is some of the best I've had. As for noise, I use noise cancelling earphones.

Edited: 8:39 am, April 02, 2014