We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on the beach

england
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
on the beach

Hi

looking to book a week away in may to salou, onthebeach.co.uk seems to be the cheapest i can find for lights and hotel.

has anyone used them recently ? any issues with your bookings ? i have been looking on the net and found some nigtmare stories aout them but these were from a few years back ?

thanks for any replies

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: on the beach

Why not eliminate any potential problems by booking your flights directly with the airlines. Easyjet have plenty of hotels listed or you could use Expedia, Travel Republic or just book the hotels directly online.

england
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: on the beach

as above on the beach re cheapest place i have found it

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,512 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: on the beach

I wouldn't do it personally, but make sure you search for additional posts on them here in the Air Travel forum, as well as the Bargain Travel forum. I use these types of sites only to estimate prices; and I almost always book direct, as stated above.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k6269669…

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: on the beach

you might get more answers on this forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12290-Bargai…

because most regulars on the air travel forum would not use firms like 'on the beach'.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: on the beach

Then you have answered your own question. Go for the cheapest operator you can find but don't come back to this forum if things go belly up.

sometimes paying just a little bit more can give you security and peace of mind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: on the beach

Unfortunately, when it comes to travel, you get what you pay for....and when it comes to going cheap, in many, many instances you don't even get that:-((

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: on the beach

I really would advise you avoid these "cheap deal" third party online facilitators, so many tales of woe on these forums from people who have done so to their cost and regret. Book direct through an airline in order to cut out the potential problems so often encountered with bookiing via this type of third party.

And, insofar as On the Beach in particular, a trawl through the Crete forum will tell you all you need to know about this company. I would steer clear of placing your holiday arrangements with them.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,215 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: on the beach

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, no matter how cheap the price was, but they I wouldn't touch any OTA.

Presumably you have already read all their terms and conditions, and fully understand the way they (other most other OTAs) trade, and are fully aware of all their charges?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: on the beach

as above on the beach re cheapest place i have found it

======

These forums are littered with the wreckage of those who buy based only on cheapest (apparent) price and ignore all those who post "wish I'd read this before ..."-type rants..

However, since that seems to be what you want, eg just buy the cheapest, why are you asking here, go ahead?

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: on the beach

Is it not on the beach that books Ryan Air flights when they are not allowed to? Which could result in you being denied boating flight if they find out?

Or is that a different on the beach?

Deb