We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus Experience

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
635 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus Experience

I have never flown Aer Lingus and am asking for frank, unbiased reviews. I am aware of the site airlinequality.com Reviews are either good or bad. My ITN is CLE-ORD-DUB-LHR-(eurostar)-CDG-DUB-ORD-CLE this coming November.

Also, last week I received an email I wanted to bid for business class, and the minimum amount was $420USD. I did bid that amount and the meter said "fair chance", so I'll take a chance. My credit card was charged a minimal amount, less than $2.00. Probably to make sure it is valid. If I lose, there will be no further charges. If I do lose, I am considering paying $50.00USD for exit row seat, if available for extra leg room. I am aware the tray table is in the seat. Does anyone know where the video screen is located?

I requested a diabetic meal on both the long hauls. I understand there is no free alcohol/beer in cattle class.

I am just asking for opinions if you have flown them. I purchased this on price, if that matters.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

You've made a good choice IMHO service is very good and friendly, flown DUB-ORD a few times with no complaints and T2 DUB is as easy as it can get for connections and it being their home town they are really helpful plus you will appreciate the benefits of pre clearance at DUB on the way home

IFE is located in the back of the next seat on long haul

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
635 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

Thanks 289jumper. I checked on united and the short haul flights I'd have to connect in FRA i.e. DUB to LHR...like 5 hour layover...crazy! It's a crap-shoot if I get to fly in business.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

Well you can also use DUB-SEN (45 mins train directly into central LON) or DUB-LGW if it gives you shorter connection times-hope you get BC as $420 it's a steal and well worth it

Edited: 2:32 pm, March 17, 2014
Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
635 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

Ticket is purchased already. I'm staying overnight in DUB...Guinness tour!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

Smart move!!!

Don't know what time you are flying DUB-LHR or how this works with you being a diabetic but they do a great full Irish breakfast air side at the airport for about 10 euros

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
635 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

I'm a diet controlled diabetic...I lost a ton of weight, normal blood sugar, so I have to be careful or I'll go off the wagon! I take Byetta (not insulin) as needed, especially if the meal is very carb heavy.

I look forward to a full Irish breakfast!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

If you have never used DUB visit dublinairport.com click on "at the airport" and there is a 5 min video explaining the whole pre-clearance process-worth it's weight in gold when you get to ORD

8. Re: Aer Lingus Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 19, 2015