We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
725 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

Any thoughts on the best airline with first/business service ( food, flat bed, comfort, service) from Orlando to Rome? Air Canada seems much less- make me wonder why….

Thanks-

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

Because you have to fly rather out of your way with AC. You'll also have their shorthaul product for several hours up to Toronto or wherever you connect through. I'd want to maximize a longhaul product as much

BA have one stop service via London Gatwick. I rate their business class rather highly, they don't offer first class on flights out of Orlando, just business class but it does have flat bed seating. You'd have to fly to Miami or Atlanta to get First to London Heathrow. Between London and Rome it's a shorthaul product, it's not completely comparable with domestic first class in the US because it's really about the middle seat being blocked off and about 34" pitch. It's just shy of a couple of hours flight though.

Alitalia offer non-stop from Miami to Rome, their new business class product looks rather good but I'd struggle to recommend them given their reputation in general.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,083 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

You won't get a non stop service on that route so you'll have to make at least 1 connection and amongst your many options are BA via London Gatwick or US Airways via Philadelphia or Charlotte.

You need to bear in mind that the Business Class product not only varies between airlines but there can be differences between routes with the same airline - I know that AA offers flat bed seats on some but not all routes so you need to carefully check what specific product is provided on each flight.

Use a search engine such as matrix to see your options for carriers/routes.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
725 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

Thanks- I do not mind flying out of Atlanta. Great Sky lounge. Just do not know if Delta is the best product.

4. Re: Best Airline First/business class- Orlando to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 16, 2015