We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flyscoot

los angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
flyscoot

scoot promise??? they promise to screw u up.. my flight from bkk to sin was cancelled and changed to another day not a fault of my own but theirs. i called them up and said they won't give refunds in a form of credit to the card i used when i paid for my ticket, instead they offered a voucher to be used within 6 months. i don't reside in asia so the voucher doesn't really work for me. does this company even realize that they have customers from different continent who's in asia for business or family affairs?? i guess they don't coz they're not really that flexible. don't even try to complain coz u will be complaining through deaf ears. and if u submit a complaint online, it will just be sucked into a very deep wormhole. i've tried to check the reputation of this airline, i just saw that there were lots of complaints. lesson learned... if i book a flight next time in an airline that's not reputable, better check reviews from travelers like me.

los angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: flyscoot

to froggyEngland: i've flown virgin atlantic to london and my flight was cancelled and moved on the next day, they paid for my hotel expenses and gave me a free roundtrip airport transfer . that's customer service for you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: flyscoot

You are comparing the service provided from a low cost carrier to a full service carrier, on different routes, short haul v long haul. Totally different.

I think we need to have a sticky, which basically tells people. Read the terms and conditions before purchasing. That's what you are entitled to. If you don't like it, buy from another carrier, and make sure you have travel insurance.

los angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: flyscoot

froggyEngland: travel insurance isn't really needed if customer service is good. budget or no budget airline. customer satisfaction should not be dependent on that. and the fact that this airline is owned by singapore airlines, then it's not really a "budget airline"

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: flyscoot

Scoot is a low cost carrier, it's parent does not change that, and you should always have travel insurance, and good travel insurance.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: flyscoot

Hi,

Re: 13

"... travel insurance isn't really needed if customer service is good budget or no budget airline."

==> Disagree. Travel insurance IS needed and should be in place no matter what kind of carrier you're flying or route..

Not everything is, or should be, the carriers assumed risk or liability. Yes, some aspects are and should be a carriers liability -- but not everything..

To me, the customer part speaks more to *how* something is done, than *what* is done..

So long as the mater is handled promptly, professionally by the carrier and their actions are consistent and in line with whatever is the correct policy/law that is applicable, then that to me is a hallmark of good service.

I don't define good service as always getting what I, as the consumer, want or expect.. What I do expect and use as a measurement of service is how am I treated and did the business fulfill their end of the agreed upon transaction.

"... and the fact that this airline is owned by singapore airlines, then it's not really a "budget airline""

==> Not true. While the parent maybe SQ, that then does not mean, not imply that SQs airline policies or practices automatically extend to Scoots operation... Nor vice versa..

They are materially independent operations..

Several carriers operate like this .. As example, In Malaysia you've got Firefly- a LCC carrier, but 100% owned by Malaysian Airline Systems.. Fireflys policies differ materially from that of the parent MHs policies..

Travel Safe,

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: flyscoot

**travel insurance isn't really needed if customer service is good.**

If this is a true thought of yours, then really little else any of us can do for you

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: flyscoot

Does anyone remember the post about a year ago from a distraught mother in Sydney saying "Scoot left her son behind"? Turned out he didn't make it to the airport in time but she expected the airline to wait and complained how unjustly they were treated. I'll never forget that. As simply as airlines have a condition of carriage, they also have conditions you agree to when things go wrong. Fine print, in my experience isn't that obscure any more. It's readily available in your contract of sale, available to read before you click "purchase this ticket" and supplied with your ticket. In most cases it doesn't vary much between airlines. All tickets, regardess of fare or class come with conditions attached. It's up to the consumer to make themselves known of these conditions before purchasing.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: flyscoot

To bor_ocsave, many full service airlines have low cost subsiduaries that are completely managed and operated seperately. Singapore Airlines/Scoot, Qantas/Jetstar, Virgin Australia/Tiger Australia, Air Canada/Air Rouge, Air India/Air India Express, Thai Airways/Thai Smile, Jet Airways/JetLite, Korean Air/Jin Air, Alitalia/Air One, Turkish Airlines/AnadoluJet, and many many more.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: flyscoot

SCOOT - No refunds - OK great, but you expect to get your travel voucher in a decent amount of time. Official response- 8 weeks to get the voucher.

My flight was cancelled by Scoot ONE MONTH before flight - (not going to that city the day I need to travel) It's preposterous to sell you something, take your money, and a month ahead cancel with no refund. Fine the T's and C's do say, No Refund.

What kind of service business, with todays social networks can thrive with this attitude.

So now, I wait for 8 weeks to get a voucher only good for 6 months and hope I can use it in the future. (Yah I read the T's and C's) Its their Policy, its bad policy, Reversing the Credit Card charge is not that difficult and would be a completely understandable solution.

On a separate note, their on time record has to be the worst in the business. The talk amongst friends here in Singapore is they have serious problems as so many have been delayed and cancelled (8-12 hours delays)

I had booked a business class ticket (which from pervious flight know is nothing better than deluxe economy, their food is almost inedible.) If your really on business, how could you ever fly this airline with such bad performance

Good luck Scoot, I will never fly you again and will encourage my friends to fly Air Asia, Jetstar, Tiger etc, when budget calls for it.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: flyscoot

**I had booked a business class ticket (which from pervious flight know is nothing better than deluxe economy, their food is almost inedible.) If your really on business, how could you ever fly this airline with such bad performance**

So what you are saying here is that you have flown them before, and despite your whine, you chose to fly them again. Am I right? Seems I am

Scoot, just like many others, are there to provide a service at a low cost to many thousands of people who need it that way.

Those that choose carriers like this (and I do, occasionally) need to understand that there may be delays, costs associated with that decision.

I have flown tiger and been left (at my own cost) in OOL for 3 days while awaiting available seats after a cancelled flight.

I have flown Jetstar and been stranded in HNL for 2 days - same reason

However, I have flown 14 Scoot flights and never experienced anything more than a 45min delay.

As such, it can happen anywhere/anytime and that is why I have travel insurnce