We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin emergency exit seats

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Virgin emergency exit seats

Hi has anybody booked emergency exit seats with virgin to orlando if so are they any good and can you pre assign your seat before you go or do you have to wait for checkin at the airport?

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

I did for Manchester to Vegas. You can't book as they need to see you can open the door. I got there 3 hours before and paid an extra £80 1 way. Same on way back.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

Info may be found right on the Airline's webpage:

"Q Can I select an exit row seat?

A Exit row seats are held for assignment at airport check in only, as passengers wishing to sit in these seats must be physically capable of carrying out the associated responsibilities. We must be able to see a passenger’s physical condition before assigning them an exit row seat. On most routes, these seats can be purchased for a fee on arrival at the airport."

virgin-atlantic.com/us/en/the-virgin-experie…

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/the-virgin-experie…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

^^^^^^

Yes, before posting a question to any forum, I usually google it first, or simply go to the airline's webpage and do a search. Probably pull the correct answer up 99% of the time with less effort then posting the question on TA.

York, England
Level Contributor
383 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

I'll go for the hatrick and paste the same link as others....just to reinforce point...:

virgin-atlantic.com/us/en/the-virgin-experie…

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

Someone will be along in a minute to paste the link from the airline's own website.

York, England
Level Contributor
383 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

Fingers crossed.. ;)

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

If only one of you requires extra leg room then book the window seat & the middle seat as there's no charge for the window seat from memory because of the door? We did this flying to Barbados & saved ourselves over a hundred quid.

I'm sure someone can confirm if that's on all flights or on certain planes.

9. Re: Virgin emergency exit seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 10, 2015