We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant Air Seating Question

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Allegiant Air Seating Question

We are flying Allegiant for the first time this April. I was logging on to purchase our bags, and I'm toying with the idea of reserving seats. It seems like a huge waste of money (we always fly Southwest and they don't have reserve seating and we manage just fine), however, we have kids, and when I went to select the seats, it said a child must be seated next to an adult.....so that got me thinking, if we DO NOT reserve seats, will the computer at least make sure that a child will be next to an accompanying adult? There will be 3 adults and 3 kids.

Thanks for any feedback.

18 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

No seating guarantees when it comes to airline seating. I really don't see your quandry: Just make the reservations online and have it done with. Chuck.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

Just because it says a child must sit by an adult, doesn't mean that you'll be the adult. If you want to sit with your kids it would probably be better to pay for the seats, in my opinion. If not then they may be placed beside another passenger who is 18+.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

It said accompanying adult. I'd like to know the checkin process...has anyone flown with them?

I'll probably play it safe and go ahead a pay to reserve our seats.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

Kendalls Mom. If you want to make sure you're with your kids - reserve the seats. Just do not pay for priority boarding - and pack lightly.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

In the FAQs it says they do their best to sit kids with parents, I get it, it's not guaranteed, but if it's normal practice to seat a kid with a parent, I'm ok with splitting up from my husband and other child on the flight.

Yes I'm frugal, that's why I'm flying Allegiant. :) $120 is a lot to pay for seats, I will if I need to, but want to do my research first.

Thanks!

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

I have only flown Allegiant out of HTS going to Florida, so I can't say how crowded flights are out of Columbus. The times I've flown Allegiant the flights have been pretty well packed and we did pay to reserve seats together. The youngest in our group was a teenager, though. If you have already booked the flight, I would suggest logging in periodically and seeing what the available seating looks like. If you think it's getting too crowded and you may have to split up, spring for the reserved seats.

7. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, March 16, 2014

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

Thank for the info. We are flying out of a major airport so hopefully that will help, sorry your experience wasn't great.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
166 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

So....does anyone have the answer??

Will children be seated with their parents?

Thanks.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allegiant Air Seating Question

I ended up pre-purchasing our flights last year, I just didn't want to chance it. However, the day before our trip I checked and it looked like there were still many open seats, and once in the airport there were many families that ended up together.

We are booked on Allegiant again this year and I'm considering waiting.

Reply to: Allegiant Air Seating Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted