We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manage my booking with BA

edinburgh
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Manage my booking with BA

Any thoughts on What my next step should be, I made flight bookings from Edinburgh-London Orlando and on return Orlando-Miami-London - Edinburgh, my problem is I cannot now log into BA manage my booking to update passenger details. I have not been able to log in for 4 weeks and have now phoned 6 times (at least 20 mins each time) spoken to many people and none have been able to help i have also sent 2 emails, each reply asking my to phone for assistance (haha). when I log in I can only see the very first flight edi -lgw and nothing there after. One person said it was due to my original booking having pre booked seats and then my flight being changed their computer could not understand this ?. The message I see when logging in is - sorry there is a problem with our system please try later. All I want is to log in and add some details ...sorry if this seems long wided

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manage my booking with BA

Thats nonsense from ba about the pre booked seats and the change in flight details. We had bookings to rome from edinburgh, via gatwick; we had prebooked seats only on the gatwick-rome-gatwick legs and not the other parts; our flights were changed too, by ba, but that didnt stop me logging into my booking!!! Have you had email confirmation of all your flights?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manage my booking with BA

I don't really understand,,,on one hand you say you can't log on, on the other you say when you do you only see one flight?

This appears to be two different problems,,,if you can't go into manage my booking, then something is wrong with the booking reference. If you can and you can only see one flight, then something maybe up with the booking itself, assuming both were booked through BA .

I can't see it's a system issue for four weeks.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manage my booking with BA

Hi froggy and Hazee,, thanks for reply. all are booked with BA and the last time I got logged in I could only see the edi -lgw leg and not the rest of my flights, when I have spoken to BA I have been assured my fights are all booked they can read off al flight dates times an no,s but I can't get in to view all my flights bookings and seats I get the same message every time! I'm off for a days hols so I'll spend Thursday on the phone once again.:-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manage my booking with BA

If you can't get in,,,it's possibly the booking reference,,,I can't see that the system has been down for a month,,,that's not feasible.

Can you get them to resend the booking ref? Could it have changed?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Manage my booking with BA

What details are you trying to add? Whatever it is, I'm sure it can be that important for you to be spending so much time over it, unlike if you are trying to cancel or change the booking.

If it's APIS, there is probably enough already given that the tickets have (presumably) been issued. Any reason why you have not been able to give the information over the phone when you have called BA?

For simple stuff like new email address, phone number or FF numbers, you can actually do this on the Finnair website.

https://www.finnair.com/INT/GB/home-page

Click on the 'My Booking' tab on the bottom right of the screen, and use the same reference that you use on ba.com.

BA and Finnair both use the same reservation system which is why you can retrieve your booking on their website. Unlike Checkmytrip, the Finnair website will let you add details rather than just view them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manage my booking with BA

"If it's APIS, there is probably enough already given that the tickets have (presumably) been issued."

Tickets are generally issued when you book your flight, API is added afterwards so one has nothing to do with the other.

@OP: BA phone customer service can be pretty hit and miss IME. Have you tried going through the MMB link in your confirmation email?

Edited: 3:55 pm, March 05, 2014
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Manage my booking with BA

" Tickets are generally issued when you book your flight, API is added afterwards so one has nothing to do with the other. "

Not so.

For a ticket which involves travel to the USA, and certain flights to Canada/Mexico which overfly the USA, the reservation *must* include the passenger's full name and date of birth which are updated in the APIS fields. If this information is blank, ticket issuance is inhibited. Websites and booking agents will gather that information during the booking process.

At some point, you will probably want to update passport information in the booking. This can still be provided at check in, but obviously is preferable to update this information as soon as you can. One less annoying thing to worry about. Even for the most incompetent telephone rep, it is an easy thing for them to do. The BA reps just get a pop-up box on the QIK system where they fill in the numbers and letters, and this is then submitted automatically as a native transaction through to Amadeus.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manage my booking with BA

But you still have to go and add passport number and expiry date manually after booking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manage my booking with BA

Lex is right, api is completed after the event and completion is generally not linked to ticket issue. It's two seperate matters. Api is more than name and dob.

I can fully understand why the op wishes to be able to get into mmb.,from the simple concerning fact he can't through to checking his booking, his seat reservations, and his actual flights,,,,are they booked correctly and are they still at the same time.

Personally I would recommend he gets on the phone and stays there until someone fixes it, because it's an unusual situation.

10. Re: Manage my booking with BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 08, 2015